Hereford and South Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
Hereford and South Herefordshire /
|Hereford and South Herefordshire|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Hereford and South Herefordshire in Herefordshire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Herefordshire within England.
|Electorate||71,352 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Jesse Norman (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Hereford, Leominster|
|European Parliament constituency||West Midlands|
Members of ParliamentEdit
Following a review of parliamentary representation in Herefordshire by the Boundary Commission for England, which took effect at the 2010 general election, the county was allocated two seats. The Hereford and South Herefordshire constituency largely replaced the former Hereford seat, with the remainder of the county covered by the North Herefordshire seat. As well as the city of Hereford, the seat contains the settlements of Golden Valley, Pontrilas and Ross-on-Wye.
The constituency is formed from the following electoral wards:
- Aylestone, Belmont, Central, Golden Valley North, Golden Valley South, Hollington, Kerne Bridge, Llangarron, Penyard, Pontrilas, Ross-on-Wye East, Ross-on-Wye West, St Martins and Hinton, St Nicholas, Stoney Street, Three Elms, Tupsley and Valletts.
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Liberal Democrat||Lucy Hurds||3,556||7.0||3.5|
|Liberal Democrat||Lucy Hurds||5,002||10.6||30.5|
|Liberal Democrat||Sarah Carr||19,885||41.1||2.3|
|Conservative gain from Liberal Democrat||Swing||3.8|
Notes and referencesEdit
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)
- Fifth periodical report - Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 0-10-170322-8
- "Hereford & Herefordshire South results". BBC News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Tanner, Bill (16 January 2015). "Ex SAS soldier to fight for UKIP in Hereford". Hereford Times. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Hereford & Herefordshire South 2015". electionresults.blogspot.co.uk.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-14. Retrieved 2015-04-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Five candidates nominated to stand in Hereford and South Herefordshire". Herefordshire Council. 2010-04-21. Archived from the original on 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2010-05-05.