North Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of North Herefordshire in Herefordshire.
Location of Herefordshire within England.
|Electorate||66,711 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Bromyard, Kington, Ledbury and Leominster|
|Member of Parliament||Bill Wiggin (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|European Parliament constituency||West Midlands|
Members of ParliamentEdit
The seat has a substantially self-sufficient population, covered by civil parishes and with low rates of unemployment and social housing in each ward, with income levels concentrated towards the average in Britain.
- Backbury, Bircher, Bringsty, Bromyard, Burghill, Holmer and Lyde, Castle, Credenhill, Frome, Golden Cross with Weobley, Hagley, Hampton Court, Hope End, Kington Town, Ledbury, Leominster North, Leominster South, Mortimer, Old Gore, Pembridge and Lyonshall with Titley, Sutton Walls, Upton, Wormsley Ridge.
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for the 2010 general election to exclude those areas of the former county of Hereford and Worcester which are now in Worcestershire. This meant North Herefordshire being at its core a successor to Leominster constituency. The remainder of the county is covered by the Hereford and South Herefordshire seat.
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Liberal Democrat||Jeanie Falconer||5,874||11.7||0.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Jeanie Falconer||5,768||12.0||19.0|
|Liberal Democrat||Lucy Hurds||14,744||31.0||6.9|
Notes and referencesEdit
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- 2001 Census
- Fifth periodical report – Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 0-10-170322-8
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Herefordshire". Boundary Commission for England. 7 January 2004. Archived from the original on 2 November 2009. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- "2017 general election candidates for Herefordshire confirmed". Worcester News. 11 May 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Six candidates to stand in North Herefordshire parliamentary election". Herefordshire Council. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2010.