Henry Nelson, 7th Earl Nelson
The Rt. Hon. Henry Edward Joseph Horatio Nelson, 7th Earl Nelson (22 April 1894–8 August 1972), was a British peer, having inherited the earldom in June 1957 on the death of his older brother, The 6th Earl Nelson.
Henry Nelson was born in Northampton, the son of The Hon. Edward Agar Horatio Nelson (who later succeeded as The 5th Earl Nelson in September 1948) and Geraldine (née Cave). He was educated at Downside School and Maredsous Abbey in Belgium and served in the First World War in the Australian Imperial Force and with the Merchant Navy. He also served during the Second World War, when he gained the rank of Major in the Indian Army; he never married. A tea planter at Madeira, on his death at his home in Spain the title passed to his younger brother, George Nelson, who became the 8th Earl Nelson. In his will, Lord Nelson left £13,199.
- Henry Nelson, 7th Earl Nelson on Cracroft Peerage
- 1901 England Census for Henry Edward Joseph Horatio Nelson - Ancestry.com (subscription required)
- Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003
- Henry Neslon, 7th Earl Nelson on The Peerage database
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995 for Earl Nelson (1973) - Ancestry.com (subscription required)
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Earl Nelson
|This biography of an earl in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|