Henry Grey, 2nd Earl of Tankerville, 7th Lord of Powys (1418/1419 – 13 January 1449/1450) was an English peer. He was the son of John Grey, 1st Earl of Tankerville and his wife Joan Charleton, co-heiress and 6th Lady of Powys.
He became the 2nd Earl of Tankerville on 22 March 1420/1421 and was invested as a Knight in 1426.
Tankerville had Sir Gruffudd Vychan summarily executed in Powis Castle in 1447, in violation of a safe conduct given. It is not known whether he suspected Vychan of Yorkist sympathies, whether it was in retribution for the death of Sir Christopher Talbot at Sir Gruffydd's hand, or whether he wished to eliminate Vychan's claim to Powis.
Marriage and issueEdit
- Richard Grey, 3rd Earl of Tankerville, married Margaret Touchet, daughter of James Touchet, 5th Baron Audley
- Humphrey Grey, married Eleanor Touchet, daughter of James Touchet, 5th Baron Audley
- Elizabeth Grey (c. 1440 – 1501?), married Sir Roger Kynaston, High Sheriff of Shropshire (c. 1430 – 1495/1517); Roger is thought to have killed Lord Audley at the Battle of Blore Heath, and they were parents of Humphrey Kynaston.
- Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), p. 125.
- Seaton, E (1961). Sir Richard Roos, c. 1410-1482: Lancastrian poet. London: R. Hart-Davis. p. 156.
- Vaughan, H.F.J. (1879). "Some Account of the Ruckley Grange Estate, Salop, and the Families Connected Therewith". Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society. Adnitt and Naunton. II: 226. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- Lee, Sidney, ed. (1891). . Dictionary of National Biography. 28. London: Smith, Elder & Co. pp. 244, 247.
- Douglas Richardson. Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Genealogical Publishing Company, 30 Jul 2005.
- Douglas Richardson. Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Vol. II.
- Douglas Richardson. Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Genealogical Publishing Com, 30 Jun 2004.