Hell River, also known as Partisans (Serbo-Croatian: Partizani / Партизани) and The Last Guerilla, is a 1974 Yugoslav partisan film starring Rod Taylor as a Yugoslav raised in America who returns home to fight the Germans as a Partisan in World War II. Adam West plays a German officer.
|Directed by||Stole Jankovic|
|Written by||Stole Jankovic|
|Produced by||Ika Panajotovic|
The film was shot on location in Yugoslavia, and claims to be based on a true story. There are several versions, including an original three-hour cut made for Yugoslavian television, and a feature-length version for the American market. Rod Taylor was involved in rewriting and shooting some additional scenes during post production.
- Rod Taylor as Marko
- Adam West as Capt. Kurt Kohler
- Brioni Farrell as Anna Kleitz
- Bata Živojinović as Brka
- Peter Carsten as Col. Henke
- Olivera Katarina as Mila
- Branko Pleša as Brig. Gen. Steiger
- Marinko Šebez as Sele
- Janez Vrhovec as Col. Hoffmann
- Dragomir Felba as Chicha
- Gizela Vuković as Woman Mayor
- Cane Firaunović as Lt. Schuler
- Jovan Janićijević as Machek
- Dragomir Čumić as Partisan (uncredited)
- Dragomir Stanojevic as German (uncredited)
- Zoran Stojiljković as German Officer (uncredited)
- Predrag Milinković as Jewish Refugee (uncredited)
- Stephen Vagg, Rod Taylor: An Aussie in Hollywood, Bear Manor Media 2010 p 179-183.
- "Ilija "Ika" Panajotovic's Obituary on Los Angeles Times". Los Angeles Times.