Helensvale railway station
Helensvale railway station is a major public transport interchange in Gold Coast suburb of Helensvale. Helensvale railway station is served by the Queensland Rail Citylink Gold Coast Line, Translink bus services and acts as terminus of the Gold Coast Light Rail line known as G:Link.
Southbound view in October 2012
|Location||Town Centre Drive, Helensvale|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||68.26 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
600119 (platform 1)|
600245 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 5|
|Opened||25 February 1996|
Helensvale station opened on 25 February 1996 as the terminus of the Gold Coast line from Beenleigh. The line was later extended to Nerang on 16 December 1997. When opened, Helensvale station was also served by a CountryLink road coach service from Murwillumbah, this was diverted when the line was extended south.
A track duplication to the north of the station, linking with Coomera, was completed in October 2017. The new track provides additional capacity in time for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. The duplication required the construction of eight new rail bridges, including one with a span of 860 metres across the Coomera River, Hope Island Road and Saltwater Creek.
In December 2017 has light rail extension to Helensvale was completed with passenger services commencing on 18 December. Helensvale station now consist of 4 platforms, with two platforms servicing the Gold Coast rail line and the other two services the G:Link tram line.
Services by platformEdit
|1||Gold Coast||Varsity Lakes|||
|2||Gold Coast||Brisbane Airport via City|||
|4 & 5||G:link||Broadbeach South|
Bus Transport connectionsEdit
Surfside Buslines operate ten routes from Helensvale station:
- 704: to Sea World
- 710: to Griffith University via Gold Coast University Hospital
- 714: to Griffith University via Gold Coast University Hospital
- 715: to Griffith University via Arundel
- 716: to Studio Village
- 717: to Pacific Pines
- 718: to Santa Barbara
- TX7 (formerly 720): to Coomera station via Dreamworld, Movie World & Wet n Wild
- 723: to Coomera station via Oxenford
- 725: to Coomera station via Upper Coomera
- "Gold Coast Line Opens" Railway Digest April 1996 page 17
- "Nerang extension opens but bus to Surfers still faster" Railway Digest February 1998 page 22
- "Murwillumbah XPT - Helensvale Connection" Railway Digest December 1996 page 15
- Hon. Jackie Trad (3 October 2017). "$163M Gold Coast rail upgrade complete well ahead of Commonwealth Games" (Press release). Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Gold Coast heavy rail duplication on track for Commonwealth Games". Queensland Rail. 16 December 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "GoldLinQ Stage 2". www.gclrstage2.com. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Helensvale Platform 1 TransLink
- Helensvale Platform 2 TransLink
- Route 704 timetable TransLink 8 January 2018
- Route 710 timetable TransLink 08 January 2018
- Routes 714-717 timetable TransLink 08 January 2018
- Route 718 timetable TransLink 08 January 2018
- Routes TX7, 723, 725 timetable TransLink 08 January 2018
- Carter, Mark (18 December 2017). "Gold Coast light rail Stage 2 opens early". International Railway Journal. Retrieved 19 December 2017.