This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Yeshivas Heichal HaTorah is an Orthodox Jewish yeshiva high school located in Teaneck, New Jersey. The institution owns and operates the Jewish Center of Teaneck, where it is located. Heichal is unaffiliated with Israeli yeshivas under the same name.
Heichal HaTorah was established by Aryeh Stechler, Avi Goldenberg, and Yehuda Jacoby. The group met in the autumn of 2012 to establish a yeshiva high school that would open in the fall of 2013. Their objective was to create an institution that combines a classic yeshiva schedule to sufficiently develop students' Torah studies with a rigorous secular studies department to give them the skillset needed for college and the professional workplace.
In 2017, Heichal introduced a Tikvah Humanities curriculum into its general studies courses. The course, in partnership with the Tikvah Fund, an educational foundation in New York, implements a neo-classical historical and literary curriculum. In 2019, Heichal's Tikvah curriculum was the subject of a Wall Street Journal opinion article entitled "Jerusalem meets Athens in New Jersey".
Athletic program edit
Sinai Schools program edit
Heichal is one of a number of schools in north Jersey and NYC where Sinai Schools operates. Sinai runs independent programs for its special needs students, who attend school at various locations in Bergen and Essex counties in New Jersey, and in Queens and the Bronx in New York. Sinai students are given specialized and personalized education, including art, music, speech, and occupational therapies. Housed in various other educational facilities, the Sinai students are able to interact with the host school’s own students at lunch, recess and at some after school programs, as well as for the bus rides to and from school.
- Aryeh Stechler, rosh yeshiva
- Seth Taylor, academic dean of students
- Joshua Strulowitz, director of faculty advancements
- Pesach Skulnick, senior rosh mesivta
- Joel Berman, assistant, principal, STEM and rebbe
- Daniel Schwechter, mashgiach ruchani (spiritual guidance counselor)
- Avi Epstein, dean of student life and director of admissions
- Ari Klein, director of guidance
- Maccabee Avishur, academic dean and principal of general studies
- Staff, JLNJ. "Heichal HaTorah Graduates Inaugural Class". www.jewishlinknj.com. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Heichal Hatorah, U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved June 11, 2023.
- "Tikvah Humanities Curriculum". heichalhatorah.org.
- Kaufman, Elliot. "Opinion | Jerusalem Meets Athens in New Jersey". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- Staff. (14 June 2018). "Heichal HaTorah Captures the NCYI JV Basketball League Championship". Jewish Link of New Jersey. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Palmer, Joanne (December 15, 2021) The Magic of Making Menschen, Jewish Standard. Retrieved June 11, 2023.
- (August 31, 2023) "Heichal HaTorah Welcomes New Faculty for 2023-2024", Jewish Link. Retrieved September 14, 2023.
- Klein Leichman, Abigail (February 16, 2022) Much More Inspirational Than Sad, Jewish Standard. Retrieved September 14, 2023.