Harry (talk show)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harry was an American syndicated talk show hosted by Harry Connick, Jr. and produced in association with NBCUniversal Television Distribution. The show premiered on September 12, 2016. The show was renewed for a second season.
|Presented by||Harry Connick, Jr.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||299|
|Production location(s)||CBS Broadcast Center,|
New York City, New York
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||HC Productions|
Stangel Bros. Productions
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 12, 2016 –|
May 23, 2018
In February 2018, NBCUniversal Television Distribution announced that it canceled Harry after two seasons and would not renew it for a third season. The show's final episode aired on May 23, 2018, with reruns airing until September 7.
Host Harry Connick, Jr. talks about current news, does freestyle events and games. Celebrities come to talk to Harry, and at the end, Harry chats with the audience. Being geared towards families, Harry often does special features such as an entire show with only kids in the audience or his segment Super Teens which featured 3 teens making a difference in the world.
Harry's average viewership was about 1.3 million for the first season. The show's first season premiered with a 1.4 household rating in the metered markets and a 0.7 rating in the women 25-54 demographic.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- "Harry Hosted by Harry Connick Jr". New York Show Tickets. New York City. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Littleton, Cynthia (August 31, 2016). "Harry Connick Jr. Takes His Southern Charm and Wit to Daytime TV". Variety. Los Angeles: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Littleton, Cynthia (March 27, 2017). "Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed for Season 2 (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Los Angeles: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (March 27, 2017). "Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2". Deadline Hollywood. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Holloway, Daniel (February 16, 2018). "Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show to End After 2 Seasons (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- "#HarryTV: All-Kids Audience - HARRY". Harry TV. New York City: NBCUniversal. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- Love For The Elderly (December 31, 2016), "HARRY Show w/ Harry Connick Jr: "Super Teens" Segment", YouTube, San Bruno, California: Alphabet Inc., retrieved February 15, 2017
- "Okay start for the new syndicated talk show 'Harry'". Media Life. United States: WordPress. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- Fairman, Michael (January 25, 2017). "44th Annual Daytime Emmys Drama Performer Pre-Nominations Announced!". On-Air On-Soaps. Los Angeles: Michael Fairman Soaps, Inc. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- "The 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Award Winners" (PDF). Emmyonline.org. Los Angeles: National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. April 30, 2017. Retrieved September 6, 2017.