This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)
Harihar Swain (11 November 1939 – 13 October 2012) was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. He represented the Aska constituency of Odisha on a Biju Janata Dal ticket. He was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal after voting against the party whip. It was alleged that he had taken a bribe to vote against his own party. He was suffering from multiple ailments and died on 13 October 2012.
|Member: 14th Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Kumudini Patnaik|
|Succeeded by||Nityananda Pradhan|
|Born||11 November 1939|
|Died||13 October 2012 (aged 76)|
New Delhi, India
|Children||1 Son And 4 Daughters|
As of 22 September, 2006Source: 
- "ASSEMBLY MEMBER'S INFORMATION SYSTEM". ws.ori.nic.in. Archived from the original on 19 June 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
DATE OF BIRTH: 11/11/1939
- "Former minister Harihar Swain dies". odishatv.in. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Swain later joined BJD and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Aska in 2004.[permanent dead link]
- "BJD expels party lawmaker for voting for government". twocircles.net. 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Orissa's Biju Janata Dal (BJD) expelled Harihara Swain
- "Harihar Swain sold out Orissa's interests alleges BJD". odishatoday.com. 2008. Archived from the original on 7 February 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
betraying the faith of lakhs of people only for the self-interest and that too taking an bribe to vote in favour of the Congress led UPA Government
- "Former Odisha minister Harihar Swain dies". Business Standard. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Swain, 73, was suffering from multiple ailments for several months.
- "Harihar Swain dead". The Times of India. 2012. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Former minister and Lok Sabha member from Aska constituency Harihar Swain died on Saturday at AIIMS, New Delhi.