Hardball (1994 TV series)
Hardball is an American baseball sitcom that aired Sunday nights at 8:30 pm on Fox from September 4, 1994 to October 23, 1994. The series premiered in the middle of the 1994–95 Major League Baseball strike and was canceled around the time that the year's World Series would have been played.
|Created by||Jeff Martin
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||9 (2 unaired)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Interbang, Inc.
Magic Beans, Inc.
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original release||September 4 – October 23, 1994|
The series focused on the players and staff of the Pioneers, a fictional American League baseball team. Among those shown were pitcher Dave Logan, who has been largely overlooked by MLB, catcher Mike Widmer, who is past his prime, team owner Mitzi Balzer, who is sharp-tongued and trying to get her team out of last place, public relations girl Lee Emory, who hands her hands full with Mitzi and the team, center fielder Frank Valente, whose cocky high-priced "superstar" ways put him at odds with Dave. The first episode showed Mitzi firing the manager and replacing him with a timid man named Ernest "Happy" Talbot, who is unsure how to get the Pioneers working as a team.
- Bruce Greenwood as Dave Logan
- Mike Starr as Mike Widmer
- Joe Rogan as Frank Valente
- Phill Lewis as Arnold Nixon
- Chris Browning as Lloyd LaCombe
- Dann Florek as Ernest 'Happy' Talbot
- Steve Hytner as Brad Coolidge
- Alexandra Wentworth as Lee Emory
- Rose Marie as Mitzi Balzer
- Adam Hendershott as Nelson Balzer
- Pilot (September 4, 1994)
- Mike's Release (September 11, 1994)
- The Butt Winnick Story (September 18, 1994)
- Whose Strike Is It Anyway? (October 2, 1994)
- Frank Buys an Island, Mike Pays the Price (October 9, 1994)
- Lee's Bad, Bad Day (October 16, 1994)
- My Name Is Hard B. (October 23, 1994)
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 506. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.