This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019)
Happinet Corporation (株式会社ハピネット, Kabushiki-gaisha Hapinetto) is an entertainment company.
|Formerly||Tōshō Co., Ltd. (1969–1972)|
Tōshō Corporation (1972–1991)
|Founded||June 7, 1969|
|Owner||Bandai Namco Holdings (27%)|
Chase Manhattan Bank GTS Client Account Escrow (3.2%)
In February 1968, Hiroshi Kawai left Bandai to establish his own toy business. Kawai founded Tōshō Co., Ltd. (有限会社トウショウ, Yūgen-gaisha Tōshō) on June 7, 1969. In September 1972, it changed its name to Tōshō Corporation (株式会社トウショウ, Kabushiki-gaisha Tōshō).
Tōshō merged with two other companies, Dairin Inc. (株式会社ダイリン, Kabushiki-gaisha Dairin) and Seikō Inc. (株式会社セイコー, Kabushiki-gaisha Seikō), to form Happinet in October 1991. In November 1994, Bandai acquired shares of Happinet. Happinet first appeared on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in December 1998.
Happinet acquired Beam Entertainment and its adult label, Green Bunny, in December 1999. It renamed the division Happinet Pictures Corporation (株式会社ハピネット・ピクチャーズ, Kabushikigaisha Hapinetto Pikuchāzu) in July 2002.
Happinet had an exclusive anime licensing agreement with NuTech Digital in 2003. In addition to producing and distributing anime and films, Happinet acquires the rights to foreign films for Japanese distribution.
- TV Anime
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
- Xenosaga: The Animation
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
- Gin'iro no Olynssis
- The Familiar of Zero
- Ancient Ruler Dinosaur King DKidz Adventure
- Rocket Girls
- Romeo × Juliet
- Rosario + Vampire
- Ancient Ruler Dinosaur King DKidz Adventure: Pterosaur Legend
- Rosario + Vampire capu2
- B Gata H Kei
- Manyū Hiken-chō
- Daily Lives of High School Boys
- Shomin Sample
- Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
- Flip Flappers
- Grimoire of Zero
- Angel's 3Piece!
- Chrono Crusade
- Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits
- Between the Sky and Sea
- Iroduku: The World in Colors
- Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur
- The Price of Smiles
- Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends
- Anime films
- Live Action films
- Video Games
- "Happinet Pictures Company Info". Happinet Pictures. Archived from the original on 2002-08-06. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "NuTech Digital Inc. Signs Exclusive License Agreement with Happinet Pictures Corporation". Business Wire. 2003-08-22. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Studiocanal Near Sells Out 'Love at Second Sight,' Rolls Out 'Someone, Somewhere,' 'Samsam' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 2019-05-29.