Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is an upcoming side-scrolling beat 'em up video game developed by Tribute Games and published by Dotemu based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, inspired by the designs of the 1987 original animated series and the games based on it. It is set to be released in 2022 for Nintendo Switch and Microsoft Windows.
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge|
|Series||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
Shredder's Revenge is a side-scrolling action brawler with a pixelated artstyle. In the game, the player assumes control of Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, and April O'Neil as they combat opponents including the Foot Clan, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Shredder in locations ranging from New York City sewers to Dimension X. The game supports four-player local or online cooperative multiplayer.
The game was developed by Montreal-based Tribute Games. The team had experiences working on brawler games at Ubisoft on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game and TMNT. Nickelodeon first approached Dotemu following the release of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap on the possibility of developing an adaptation of one of its franchises. After knowing that Tribute Games has been pitching to Nickelodeon for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game since 2010, the two companies decided to work together after meeting each other at Game Developers Conference. The game was inspired by the animated series in 1987 and the arcade games in the 1990s such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (1991). Singer Mike Patton was invited to perform the theme song for the game.
Dotemu officially announced the game on March 10, 2021. The game is set to be released for Microsoft Windows and Nintendo Switch in 2022. On August 25, 2021, a new trailer was revealed during Gamescom showcasing April O'Neil as a playable character.
- Wales, Matt (March 10, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return with some four-person brawling in Shredder's Revenge". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Grubb, Jeff (March 10, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge continues the beat-'em-up renaissance". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- McWhertor, Michael (April 14, 2021). "The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat-'em-up is coming to Switch". Polygon. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Stewart, Marcus (March 10, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Rises Out Of The Ooze". Game Informer. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Lovett, Jamie (April 20, 2021). "How the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Developers Are Reviving the Classic TMNT Gaming Experince". Comicbook.com. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Zheng, Jenny (March 10, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Is A Retro Brawler Coming To PC And Consoles". GameSpot. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Oloman, Jordan (March 10, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Announced for PC and Consoles". IGN. Archived from the original on March 18, 2021. Retrieved April 17, 2021.
- Deschamps, Marc (August 25, 2021). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Reveals New Playable Character, Release Window". Comicbook.com. Retrieved August 25, 2021.
- Koch, Cameron (August 25, 2021). "TMNT Shredder's Revenge Lets Players Battle As April O'Neil". Gamespot. Retrieved August 25, 2021.