|Hamilton Southeastern High School|
13910 East 126th Street
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Promote Respect, Foster Pride, Inspire Excellence|
|School district||Hamilton Southeastern Schools|
|Number of students||3,405 (2020-21)|
|Fight song||[[Hamilton Southeastern High, we are the Royals brave and true! We never fall, we never fail, you know that we are for the red, white, blue! On the beam, big Royal team, you know our spirits will not die! So come on now, let’s have a victory for the Royals, Fight, Fight Fight! R, R, ROY, A, A, ALS, ROY, ALS, ROYALS, ROYALS, ROYALS!]]|
|Athletics conference||Hoosier Crossroads Conference|
During the 2003–2004 school year, the Hamilton Southeastern school district opened the Hamilton Southeastern High School Freshman Campus, which would house the district's high school freshmen until the 2006–2007 school year. In the fall of 2006, the HSE Freshman Campus became the second high school in the HSE school district, Fishers High School. In summer 2009, the cafeteria was expanded to accommodate more students.
A new cafeteria and hallway replaced much of the original HSE High School courtyard in the summer of 2010. The addition was part of a $1.5 million project to combat overcrowding and help ease foot traffic.
In 2012, freshmen were put into a Freshman Campus at the location of the old junior high until the senior wing addition, which opened for the 2015–2016 school year, was complete. The Freshman Campus then became Fall Creek Junior High School.
Beginning with the 2015–2016 school year, the newly built College and Career Academy was opened for students.
The Royals have won 14 IHSAA state championships, the second most in the Hoosier Crossroads Conference behind Noblesville, who has won 19. They have also won 3 boys' lacrosse championships, through the IHSLA, the state's governing body in lacrosse. All state titles are in the highest division unless noted.
- Baseball: 2019
- Boys' Lacrosse (IHSLA): 2018, 2021, 2022
- Boys' Swimming: 2007
- Boys' Track: 2013
- Football: 1981 (A)
- Girls' Basketball: 2019
- Girls' Golf: 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Girls' Track: 2018
- Softball: 2007, 2010
- Volleyball: 2022, 2023
Notable people edit
- Randy Gregory - NFL defensive end for the San Francisco 49ers
- Gary Harris - NBA player for the Orlando Magic
- Zak Irvin - former Michigan Wolverines men's basketball player
- Joe Reitz - NFL offensive tackle for the Indianapolis Colts; former offensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens
- Chris Summers - former placekicker and punter for Purdue Boilermakers football (2006-2008)
See also edit
- "Hamilton Southeastern HS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved June 11, 2022.
- "Indystar". indy.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Current in Fishers". Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "Schools Recognized 2003 Through 2007" (PDF). BLUE RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM. p. 10. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- Chappell, Mike (September 10, 2010). "Reitz thrilled to join Colts". The Indianapolis Star. Archived from the original on 2010-10-13. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Chris Summers Bio - ESPN". ESPN. Retrieved February 16, 2016.