Hal Leonard Corporation(Redirected from Hal Leonard)
Hal Leonard Corporation is a United States music publishing and distribution company founded in Winona, Minnesota, by Harold "Hal" Edstrom, his brother, Everett "Leonard" Edstrom, and fellow musician Roger Busdicker. Currently headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, it is the largest sheet music publisher in the world.
|Founder||Harold "Hal" Edstrom|
Everett "Leonard" Edstrom
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|Key people||Keith Mardak, Chairman|
Larry Morton, President
|Publication types||Sheet music, Books, DVDs, software|
|Imprints||Amadeus Press, Backbeat Books, Limelight Editions, Applause Theatre and Cinema Books|
The company produces sheet music, songbooks, and method book (with CD) packs, and band and choral arrangements, reference books, instructional DVDs, videos CD-ROMs, ShowTrax instrumental accompaniments, and music software.
In 1995, Hal Leonard Corporation began distributing Homespun Music Instruction CDs and DVDs. A mail-order company before joining Hal Leonard's distribution network, Homespun is a producer of instructional video and audio materials.
In 2004, Hal Leonard acquired Applause Theatre and Cinema Books.
In 2006, Hal Leonard acquired Amadeus Press and Limelight Editions. Also in 2006, Hal Leonard acquired Backbeat Books, which publishes the AllMusic reference guide and other music-related publications, from CMP.
In 2017, Hal Leonard acquired the online music retailer Sheet Music Plus.
- Amadeus Press
- Applause Theatre and Cinema Books
- Backbeat Books
- Limelight Editions
- Shawnee Press
- "What We Learned In The New Economy". Fast Company. United States: Fast Company, Inc. March 1, 2004. p. 6. Retrieved August 9, 2009.
- "Hal Leonard Online - About Us". Hal Leonard Corporation. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Van Dyke, Matthew (March 9, 2016). "Hal Leonard & Homespun Celebrate 20 Years Together". Music & Sound Retailer. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- "Hal Leonard Assumes Ownership Of Applause Books". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2018-04-21.
- Content, Library Journal Archive (2006-03-01). "Hal Leonard Buys Amadeus Press and Limelight Editions". Library Journal. Retrieved 2018-04-21.
- "Hal Leonard buys Backbeat Books for $2.2M". Milwaukee Business Journal. United States: American City Business Journals. November 20, 2006. Retrieved August 9, 2009.
- Hal Leonard Acquires Shawnee Press
- Berkovitz, Joe (April 15, 2014). "Noteflight is now part of Hal Leonard Corporation". Noteflight.com. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- Keith Murdak NAMM Oral History Interview (2003)
- Larry Morton NAMM Oral History Interview (2012)
- Dan Bauer NAMM Oral History Interview (2014)
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a music publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|