HTTP Switchboard is a Chromium browser extension (which also works with other Chromium-based browsers such as Opera (from version 15) and the Yandex browser) that allows filtering of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests based on the content and/or the target's domain name. It comes with an optional, pre-defined blacklist of hostnames that might be a privacy threat when sending requests to them and/or a security threat/annoyance due to the content delivered in the response. HTTP Switchboard's developer, Raymond Hill, has also developed other browser extensions, including ad filtering uBlock which he actively leads as uBlock Origin.
|Type||Google Chrome Extensions|
- Brinkmann, Martin. "HTTP Switchboard for Chrome gives you full control over all connections". ghacks.net. ghacks.net. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Easily block cookies, images, scripts and more with Chrome's HTTP Switchboard". betanews.com. betanews. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "HTTP Switchboard 22.214.171.124". pcadvisor.co.uk. PC Advisor. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Raymond Hill". github.com. GitHub. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "uBlock Origin". github.com. GitHub. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "HTTP Switchboard". github.com. GitHub. Retrieved 2017-06-19.