Héctor Adolfo Enrique (born 26 April 1962 in Lanús) is a retired Argentine footballer who played as a midfielder, and who was assistant coach of the Argentina national team. He played for La Seleccion in the 1986 World Cup and in Copa América 1989, winning the former competition.
|Full name||Héctor Adolfo Enrique|
|Date of birth||26 April 1962|
|Place of birth||Lanús, Argentina|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Nicknamed El Negro by both press and fans, Enrique began his playing career in 1982 with 2nd division side Club Atlético Lanús, in 1983 he joined Club Atlético River Plate where he played between 1983 and 1990. His Golden Year was 1986, when he won the 1985–86 Primera División Argentina, Copa Libertadores and Intercontinental Cup. For Argentina he was a vital part of the squad that won the 1986 World Cup.
Enrique was the last man to touch the ball when inside the Argentine half he passed it to Diego Maradona, who would then score what became known as the Goal of the Century. After the game, he jokingly suggested that his pass was so good, it would have been difficult for Maradona not to score. This joke would then become popular in Argentina, often mentioned by players involved in popular goals.
A serious knee injury prevented him from playing in the 1990 World Cup.
Enrique played alongside his brother Carlos at River (1988–1990) and at their home town club Lanús (1992–1993). He also played for Deportivo Español in Argentina and Tosu Futures and FPI Hamamatsu in Japan. His sons, Ramiro and Fernando, also played football professionally; while other son, Facundo, played rugby.
- Primera División: 1985–86, 1989–90
- Intercontinental Cup: 1986
- Copa Libertadores: 1986
- Copa Interamericana: 1986
- hizo el gol con la mano y otro gracias a mí, que le di el pase (risas)
- Con el pase que le di a Maradona, si no hacía gol era para matarlo
- "Sorin:I feel like Enrique during his assist to Maradona" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "el "pase-gol" del Negro Enrique". Archived from the original on 9 May 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "Ramiro, el hijo del "Negro" Enrique entrena con la primera de Banfield". de Brown. 28 January 2021. Retrieved 13 February 2021.