Gurdas Singh Badal
Gurdas Singh Badal (6 August 1931 – 15 May 2020) was an Indian politician and parliamentarian. He was born in Abulkharana, Firozpur district.He is Brother of Parkash Singh Badal. He was elected to the seventh Lok Sabha from Fazilka constituency in 1967 as member of Shiromani Akali Dal. He died on 15 May 2020 at a private hospital in Mohali.
He was the son of late Raghu Raj Singh Dhillon, and the younger brother of former Chief Minister of Punjab, Parkash Singh Badal. His son Manpreet Singh Badal is the Finance Minister of Punjab. His wife Harmandar Kaur died in March 2020.
He was member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly from March 1967 – April 1969. He was elected to the 5th Lok Sabha from 15 March 1971 – 18 January 1977 from Fazilka constituency representing the Akali Dal (now known as the Shiromani Akali Dal).
- Last Loksabha Election Results in Fazilka, Punjab
- Members Bioprofile
- "Punjab finance minister Manpreet Badal's father passes away". The Times of India. 15 May 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Gurdas Badal, father of Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Badal, dies at 88". The Tribune. 15 May 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Punjab FM Manpreet Badal's mother passes away". The Times of India. 19 March 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Fifth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile". Lok Sabha. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|