Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is an American digital media holding company based in New York City. The company comprises Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, and Seeker. The four brands and former brand Sourcefed, merged to form Group Nine Media in October 2016.
|Privately held company|
|Ben Lerer (CEO)|
Eric Ashman (President)
Number of employees
|Parent||Discovery, Inc. (35%)|
|Subsidiaries||Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, Seeker, JASH|
At the time of the merger, Discovery Communications announced a $100 million minority investment in the collective organization, becoming the biggest shareholder before Axel Springer. Discovery also acquired the right to obtain a majority stake later if it so chooses.
- "Are you a robot?". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- "Group Nine Media's NewFront Was All About Obsession". Adweek – Breaking News in Advertising, Media and Technology. May 3, 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Gutelle, Sam (May 3, 2018). "Seeker's New Space Channel Headlines Group Nine Media's Slate Of Fresh Content". Tubefilter. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Barr, Jeremy (October 13, 2016). "Digital Publishers Come Together as Group Nine Media, Backed by $100 Million From Discovery". AdvertisingAge.
- Sherman, Alex (November 17, 2018). "How a new breed of media companies is convincing people to pay for news again". CNBC. Retrieved November 22, 2018.