Governor of East Kalimantan
The Governor of East Kalimantan is the executive head of the Indonesian province of East Kalimantan. The office was created in 1956, shortly before the formation of East Kalimantan as a new province on January 1, 1957.
|Governor of East Kalimantan|
|Inaugural holder||Aji Pangeran Tumenggung Pranoto|
List of GovernorsEdit
This is a list of Governors since the province's creation in 1957.
|#||Portrait||Name||Took Office||Left Office||Term||Note||Vice Governor|
|Inche Abdoel Moeis|
|Abdoel Moeis Hassan|
|Abdoel Wahab Sjahranie|
|Suwarna Abdul Fatah|
|Tarmizi Abdul Karim
|Awang Faroek Ishak|
- In 1961, he was dismissed for being held in Jakarta on charges of corruption
- Resident helper(now acting) in 8 months
- In 2006 was dismissed due to a corruption case
- Previously, he was deputy governor until in 2006 he became Acting Governor, replacing Suwarna A.F. who were arrested for corruption cases. Then, on March 10, 2008 Yurnalis Ngayoh was appointed Governor of East Kalimantan until December 2008
- As Acting Governor of East Kalimantan because the East Kalimantan 2008 Governor Election lasted two rounds so the new governor could not be sworn in, which was planned in July 2008 to be December 2008 after the East Kalimantan Election 2008 was completed
- Resigned for running for Indonesian legislative elections 2019
- Hassan, H. A. Moeis (1994). Ikut Mengukir Sejarah. Jakarta: Yayasan Bina Ruhui Rahayu. p. 146.
- ANT (2008-02-11). "Yurnalis Ngayoh Ditetapkan Jadi Gubernur Kaltim". Berita Kementerian Dalam Negeri Republik Indonesia. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- EFF (2008-06-30). "Pj Gubernur Kaltim Belum Ditunjuk". JPNN.com. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- Biro Humas Sekretariat Daerah Prov. Kaltim (2018-09-20). "Meiliana: Mendagri Siap Lantik Restuardy Daud". Portal Resmi Pemerintah Provinsi Kalimantan Timur. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Governors of East Kalimantan.|