The first series of Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star began on 6 March 2019 on BBC Three, and concluded on 24 April 2019. The series was hosted by Stacey Dooley, and was judged by industry professionals Dominic Skinner and Val Garland. Various guest stars including David Malinowski and NikkieTutorials appeared. The series was won by Ellis Atlantis, with Nikki Patel as runner-up and Leigh Easthope in third place.
|Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star|
|Presented by||Stacey Dooley|
|No. of contestants||10|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original network||BBC Three|
|Original release||6 March –|
24 April 2019
(Ages stated are at time of contest)
|Ellis Crawford||24||Bradford||Retail assistant, drag queen||Winner|
|Nikki Patel||29||London||Make-up artist, influencer||Runner-up|
|Leigh Easthope||28||Manchester||Freelance make-up artist, painter||3rd Place|
|Belinda Chatterton||25||Newcastle||Care worker||4th Place|
|Tiffany Hunt||23||Nottingham||Make-up artist||5th Place|
|Steph Harrison||27||Birmingham||Specialist hair and media make-up student||6th Place|
|Brana Alunan||21||Blackpool||Make-up artist||7th Place|
|Paige Cole||20||London||Retail assistant||8th Place|
|Mathieu Dausmann||27||London||Special effects make-up artist||9th Place|
|Dina Schofield||19||Manchester||Supermarket customer assistant||10th Place|
- ^Note 1 : Brana was known as Brandon on Series 1, before transitioning.
- Nikki was the only artist in the red chair originally.
- The contestant won Glow Up.
- The contestant was a runner-up.
- The contestant came in third place.
- The contestant won the challenge.
- The contestant was originally in the red chair but later declared safe.
- The contestant was originally safe but later up for elimination.
- The contestant was originally safe but later up for elimination and was then further eliminated.
- The contestant was in the red chair and still eligible for elimination.
- The contestant won the challenge but was up for elimination, but not eliminated.
- The contestant won the challenge but was eliminated.
- The contestant decided to leave the competition.
- The contestant was in the red chair and was then further eliminated.
The face off is a mini challenge lasting 10 minutes. After then 10 minutes the judges will choose who will get eliminated and who will stay in the competition. The challenge content normally focuses on one section of the face (e.g. Lips, Eyes).
|1||Brana||vs.||Dina||Create a perfect black lip||Dina|
|2||Brana||vs.||Mathieu||Use five tools to create a complete look [a]||Mathieu|
|3||Leigh||vs.||Paige||Create a colorful cut crease eye [b]||Paige|
|4||Brana||vs.||Nikki||Apply a perfect black winged liner||Brana|
|5||Steph||vs.||Nikki||Create and apply a big "drag" eyelash set||Steph|
|6||Tiffany||vs.||Nikki||Replicate an eyeshadow look [b]||Tiffany|
|7||Belinda||vs.||Nikki||Draw on a thin, arched "1930's brow"||Belinda|
|Episode||MUA||Challenge||Winner Of Glow Up|
|8 [c]||Ellis||vs.||Nikki||Create a complete makeup look of your choice in 45 minutes||Ellis|
- This challenge lasted 5 minutes instead of 10
- This challenge lasted 12 minutes instead of 10
- This episode was the top two to decide the winner, instead of a bottom two to decide who goes home.
- The contestant was eliminated after their first time in the face off.
- The contestant was eliminated after their second time in the face off.
- The contestant was eliminated after their third time in the face off.
- The contestant won the final face off and became Britain’s First Make Up Star.
|Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Episode 1"||6 March 2019|
|2||2||"Episode 2"||13 March 2019|
|3||3||"Episode 3"||20 March 2019|
|4||4||"Episode 4"||27 March 2019|
|5||5||"Episode 5"||3 April 2019|
|6||6||"Episode 6"||10 April 2019|
|7||7||"Semi Final"||17 April 2019|
|8||8||"Final"||24 April 2019|
- Warner, Sam. "Strictly Come Dancing's Stacey Dooley announces exciting new TV series". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 22 May 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "BREAKING INTO BEAUTY: MEET ELLIS ATLANTIS, WINNER OF GLOW UP 2019". Beauty Bay. Archived from the original on 4 June 2020. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "Stacey Dooley to host BBC Three make-up show 'Glow Up'". Qweerist. Archived from the original on 22 June 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- Caldwell, Georgia. "STACEY DOOLEY HITS BACK AFTER BEING CRITICISED FOR 'TRIVIAL' STINT ON NEW MAKE-UP SHOW". Global Cosmetics. Archived from the original on 5 June 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "Netflix: Where are the 10 Glow Up participants now? Who won the show?". Reality Titbit. Archived from the original on 17 January 2021. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "BBC - Britain's Next Make-Up Star revealed as Ellis is crowned the winner of Glow up - Media Centre". Archived from the original on 12 August 2020. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Glow up BBC contestants | Meet the entire cast on Instagram!". 13 March 2019. Archived from the original on 9 July 2020. Retrieved 7 July 2020.