Nikkie de Jager (born 2 March 1994), better known by her YouTube channel name NikkieTutorials, is a Dutch makeup artist and beauty vlogger. She gained online popularity in 2015 after her YouTube video, "The Power of Makeup", went viral and inspired many other videos of people showing their faces with and without makeup. As of July 2019, her YouTube channel has 12.1 million subscribers and over 1.1 billion video views.
|Born||Nikkie de Jager|
March 2, 1994
|Occupation||YouTuber, makeup artist|
|Spouse(s)||Dylan Drossaers, together 2018-present|
|Total views||1.1 billion|
|Updated May 23, 2019|
De Jager first began uploading videos to Youtube in 2008 at the age of 14, after watching MTV's The Hills while sick and being inspired by Lauren Conrad's makeup. She then began searching YouTube for tutorials to recreate the look and was inspired to begin creating her own. After uploading videos for about two years, she enrolled in makeup coursework at B Academy in Amsterdam. She then signed to Colourfool Agency in 2011 and began working as a professional makeup artist.
Forbes magazine named de Jager one of the top ten beauty "influencers" in 2017. In 2017, she also won the award for "YouTube Guru" at the Shorty Awards and the award for "Choice Fashion/Beauty Web Star" at the Teen Choice Awards.
In 2017, de Jager uploaded a video reviewing a high coverage foundation produced by a Prague-based cosmetics brand called Dermacol and spoke about the company using her image, specifically a screenshot from her "The Power of Makeup" video, to sell their products on social media without her permission. Her review of their foundation was mostly favorable, but she expressed disappointment in the company's actions, feeling they had lied to their followers as she was not wearing any of Dermacol's products in the photo of her they had used to promote their company.
In some of her videos, de Jager has openly discussed her experience with cosmetic procedures, speaking positively about undergoing lip augmentation and dental work. On August 6th 2019, De Jager became engaged to her boyfriend of almost a year while travelling in Italy.
|2017||9th Annual Shorty Awards||Youtube Guru||Herself||Won|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty||Herself||Won|
|2018||E! People's Choice Awards||The Beauty Influencer of 2018||Herself||Nominated|
- Sall, Elisabeth (2017-04-22). "Zoella, Huda Beauty, Shaaanxo...Découvrez les 5 youtubeuses beauté les plus puissantes du monde!". Public (in French). Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- de Jager, Nikkie. "The Power of Makeup". Youtube.
- Willett, Megan (2015-06-16). "This YouTube beauty star put her reputation on the line to send a message to the world". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Siebert, Valerie (2015-06-25). "Social media campaign sees women hitting back at make-up shaming". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Denton, Elizabeth (2016-07-13). "NikkieTutorials On Makeup Shaming, Glitter, And Her Epic Collaboration With Too Faced". Seventeen. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- Lodi, Marie (1 February 2017). "NikkieTutorials tells us how Lauren Conrad inspired her to start doing makeup and how she got over her fear of winged eyeliner". HelloGiggles. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- de Jager, Nikkie (2010-02-24). "About Nikkie". NikkieTutorials. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- Wallace, Carly. "Beauty Blogger Of The Moment: NikkieTutorials". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- "I Can Make You a Supermodel!". NikkieTutorials. 2014-03-04. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- "Nikkie de Jager". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Weiss, Geoff (2017-04-24). "Nikkie Tutorials, David Dobrik, Others Honored At Ninth Annual Shorty Awards". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Vulpo, Mike (2017-08-13). "Teen Choice Awards 2017 Winners: The Complete List". E! Online. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- de Jager, Nikkie (September 4, 2017). "WORLD'S MOST FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION??". Youtube. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- Clarendon, Dan (2018-06-14). "YouTube Star Nikkie de Jager, aka NikkieTutorials, Mourns Death of Little Brother". Life & Style. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- Jacques, Renee (2016-05-26). "Here's Every Single Product in the Nikkie Tutorials x Too Faced Collaboration". Allure. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Demopoulos, Alaina (2017-09-14). "The New Ofra x NikkieTutorials Collab Has Highlighters That "Blind the Haters"". POPSUGAR Beauty. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Gilliland, Nikki (2017-11-02). "A close up look at Maybelline's brow-raising success with visual content on social media". Econsultancy. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- NikkieTutorials (2018-06-10), MAKEUP THERAPY! RED FOR MY LITTLE BROTHER, Youtube, retrieved 2018-07-10
- Dall'Asen, Nicola (27 June 2018). "Nikkie Tutorials got real about feeling uninspired and it'll make you say 'SAME THO'". Revelist. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- de Jager, Nikkie (July 29, 2015). "MY LIP INJECTIONS Q&A". Youtube. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- de Jager, Nikkie (January 19, 2011). "My New Teeth! - What happened?". Youtube. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- "YouTube Guru in Social Media". Shorty Awards. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- Vulpo, Mike (13 August 2017). "Teen Choice Awards 2017 Winners: The Complete List". E! News. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "The Beauty Influencer of 2018". E! Peoples Choice Awards. Retrieved 29 September 2018.