Glenn Fredly Deviano Latuihamallo (30 September 1975 – 8 April 2020) was an Indonesian R&B singer and songwriter as well as producer and actor. Entering the music industry after winning a singing contest in 1995, he released more than 10 albums. He produced new talented artists like female vocalist Yura and male soloist Gilbert Pohan. He also produced Cahaya Dari Timur: Beta Maluku. In 2013, he served as a coach for The Voice Indonesia.
|Birth name||Glenn Fredly Deviano Latuihamallo|
|Born||30 September 1975|
|Died||8 April 2020 (aged 44)|
In 1995, he won the Cipta Pesona Bintang singing contest. That same year, he joined the rock band Funk Section. The following year, he was a finalist in the Asia Song Festival. In 1998, Glenn left Funk Section to be a solo R&B singer, feeling that it suited his vocal style better. He released his first album, GLENN, that year. It was relatively well received, selling 50 thousand copies; R&B was generally not popular in Indonesia at the time.
In 2000, Glenn released his second solo album, Kembali (Return), with the single "Kasih Putih" ("White Love") receiving much airplay. In 2001, he placed third in the Russian Asia Dauzy International Song Festival.
In August 2002, he released one of his most successful album, titled Selamat Pagi, Dunia (Good Morning, World).
In March 2009, Glenn was one of the main performers in a tribute concert to deceased Indonesian singer Chrisye during the Java Jazz Festival. That same year, he performed tribute concerts to Michael Jackson in five cities throughout Indonesia, covering Jackson's hit songs.
Glenn celebrated his 17th anniversary in the music business with a sold-out concert in front of 7,500 people at Istora Gelora Bung Karno on 2 September 2012.
Glenn died on 8 April 2020 in Setia Mitra Hospital in South Jakarta at the age of 44. It was reported that his cause of death was meningitis. He was married to his wife, Mutia Ayu, for 7.5 months (they were married on 19 August 2019). Their daughter, Gewa, was born on 28 February 2020.
Glenn credited Michael Jackson as being one of his influences, saying that Jackson inspired him "through his music, his style, his dancing, everything". He also credited Jackson's humanitarian work for inspiring his own charitable work. He also admired Marvin Gaye and Quincy Jones, and was a fan of Chrisye.
- GLENN (1998)
- Kembali (Return, 2000)
- Selamat Pagi, Dunia (Good Morning, World, 2003)
- Selamat Pagi, Dunia (Repackaged, 2004)
- OST Cinta Silver (2005)
- Aku dan Wanita (Women and I, 2006)
- Terang (Clear, 2006)
- Happy Sunday (2007)
- Private Collection (2008)
- Lovevolution (2010)
- Luka, Cinta & Merdeka (2012)
- Live at Lokananta (2013)
- Romansa ke Masa Depan (2019)
- Kurniasari 2009-08-07, Get ready.
- IndonesiaSelebriti.com, Glenn Fredly.
- Yudo, Aji (11 June 2011). "Glenn Fredly Menjadi Produser Album Maluku Hip-Hop Community". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- The Jakarta Post 2009-03-25, Glenn files.
- The Jakarta Post 2009-03-07, Glenn to sing.
- Fawilia 2011-06-26, An evening.
- "Glenn Fredly Meninggal karena Sakit Meningitis". Kumparan.com (in Indonesian). 8 April 2020.
- Fawilia, Aliendheasja (26 June 2011). "An evening with Trio Lestari". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Glenn files for divorce". The Jakarta Post. 25 March 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Glenn Fredly". IndonesiaSelebriti.com (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Glenn to sing for Chrisye in Java Jazz". The Jakarta Post. 7 March 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- Kurniasari, Titik (9 August 2009). "Glenn Fredly: Get ready to welcome the 'new Glenn'". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 29 August 2011.