Giardinello (Sicilian: Jardineddu) is a comune (municipality) in the Metropolitan City of Palermo in the Italian region Sicily, located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) west of Palermo. As of December 2010, it had a population of 2,260 and an area of 12.5 square kilometres (4.8 sq mi).
|Comune di Giardinello|
|Metropolitan city||Palermo (PA)|
|• Total||12.5 km2 (4.8 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
On December 10, 1893, eleven people were killed in the Giardinello massacre during the Fasci Siciliani uprising after a rally that asked for the abolition of taxes on food and disbandment of the local field guards. The protestors carried the portrait of the King taken from the municipality and burned tax files.
- (in Italian) Istat - Istituto Nazionale di Statistica
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Giardinello, http://sicilia.indettaglio.it
- (in Italian) La strage di Giardinello Archived May 31, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, La Sicilia, December 11, 2011
- (in Italian) Official website