This article does not cite any sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ghulam (Arabic: غلام) is an Arabic word meaning servant, ‘’assistant’’, boy, youth. It is used to describe young servants in paradise. It is also used to refer to slave-soldiers in the Abbasid, Ottoman, Safavid and to a lesser extent, Mughal empires, as described in the article Ghilman, which is the plural form of the word.
It can be used as the first element of a Muslim male given name, meaning servant of ... or, in modern times, as an independent surname.
People with the given nameEdit
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835–1908), Indian religious leader
- Jassim Ghulam Al-Hamd (born 1979), Iraqi footballer
- Ghulam Azam (born 1922), Bangladeshi Islamist political leader
- Ghulam Bombaywala, Pakistani-American restaurateur resident in Houston, Texas
- Ghulam Haider
- Ghulam Ishaq Khan (1915–2006), President of Pakistan
- Ghulam Mansoor (born 1812), in 1867 was Subedar-Major at Bhopal State
- Ghulam Murshid, Bangladeshi author, scholar and journalist, based in London
- Ghulam Qadir Khan (1920–1988), last ruler of the State of Las Bela in Balochistan, Pakistan
- Arbab Ghulam Rahim (born 1957), Pakistani politician
- Ghulam Raziq (born 1932), Pakistani hurdler
- Ghulam Nabi Azad (born 1949) Indian Politician. Former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir and Leader of Opposition In Rajya sabha .
- Ghulam Sediq Wardak (born 1942), Afghan peasant inventor
- Syed Ghulam (born 1987), Vadakarai, India, Engineer
People with the surnameEdit
- Ghilman, young servants in paradise or slave-soldiers in the Abbasid, Ottoman, Safavid and to a lesser extent, Mughal empires.
- Ghulam Khan, town in North Waziristan, Pakistan
- Ghulam Abbas
- Ghulam Ahmad, also Ghulam Ahmed
- Ghulam Ali
- Ghulam Dastagir
- Ghulam Farid
- Ghulam Faruq
- Ghulam Hassan
- Ghulam Hussain also Gholam Hossein etc.
- Ghulam Mohammad, also Ghulam Mohammed, Ghulam Muhammad etc.
- Ghulam Mohiuddin, also other spellings
- Ghulam Murtaza
- Ghulam Mustafa
- Ghulam Nabi
- Ghulam Rabbani
- Ghulam Rasul, also Ghulam Rasool
- Gholam Reza
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|