This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
GfK (founded in 1934 by an association of university teachers as Gesellschaft für Konsumforschung, "Society for Consumer Research") is Germany's largest market research institute, and the fourth largest market research organisation in the world, after Nielsen Company, Kantar Group and Ipsos. In 2008 they attempted to become #2 via a merger with Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS), a British firm.
|Traded as||FWB: GFK|
|Revenue||€1.5 Billion (2014)|
|€52.4 million (2014)|
Number of employees
The GfK-Telemeter (also known as GfK-Meter) is a device to measure the TV ratings. It is deployed in a representative subset of households and registers the selected channel second by second (including the use of Videotext and video recordering and replaying), while differenciating between registered users.
In April 2005 it acquired NOP World (originally National Opinion Polls), based mostly in the United Kingdom, the United States and Italy, which was rated the ninth largest market research business in the world.
In May 2008 it acquired an equity stake in Deep-Packet Inspection company Qosmos in order to track and monitor Internet usage for marketing research.
In December 2011, GfK acquired Knowledge Networks, based in Palo Alto, California the United States, which does online research for consumer products and services, pharmaceuticals, retail, media, and public policy. KN's Dimestore platform offers unique platform for measuring the effectiveness of digital ad campaign with simple surveys of streaming video ads, that also allows real-time reporting.
In 2010, the company was the fourth-largest market research company by revenue.
- "About GfK". www.gfk.com. 26 April 2018. Archived from the original on 24 April 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Gfk and TNS talking merger to challenge Nielsen". The New York Times. April 29, 2008.
- "Error Page" (PDF). 19 December 2016. Archived (PDF) from the original on 6 June 2014.
- "Global top 25 grow 4.1% to $18.7bn, says Honomichl - News". Archived from the original on 2012-09-19.
- "Acceleratio Capital N.V." acceleratio-angebot.de.[permanent dead link]