In 1966, the RMS Swiss School, meaning Ramseyer Memorial opened in Accra with two teachers and 23 students. The school became jointly sponsored by Germany and Switzerland and uses a bilingual German–English programme.
As of 2007, almost all of the colored children came from mixed families, and only one student was 100% Ghanaian.
In 2009, the school had 75 students.
As of 2013, the school had 90 students originating from 13 countries in years nursery through 10 (age 15), and 15 teachers.
- "German Swiss international school takes on new image" (Archive). General News of Sunday (GNA). 8 November 2009. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Geschichte der Schule" (Archive). German Swiss International School Accra. 8 Retrieved August 2015.
- "Die kosmopolitischsten unter den Schweizer Schulen" (Archive). Swissinfo. 7 July 2007. Retrieved on 6 November 2015. "In Accra ist denn auch nur eine Schülerin 100%-ig ghanesisch, und alle anderen farbigen Kinder mit beinahe blonden Haaren stammen aus gemischten Familien."
- Home page (). German Swiss International School Accra. 29 September 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Deutsche Schule Accra empfängt Botschafter und erhält PASCH-Plakette." Federal Office of Administration. 21 February 2014. (in German)
- Schweizerschule Akkra / RMS Swiss School Accra - EAD, Swiss National Library (in German)
.org (in German), the school's official website
- German Swiss International School English site (Archive)