Georges Marsan (born 20 March 1957) is a Monegasque pharmacist and politician. He serves as the Mayor of the Municipality of Monaco.
|Born||20 March 1957(age 63)|
|Alma mater||University of Montpellier|
|Children||1 son, 2 daughters|
Georges Marsan was born on 20 March 1957. Both his father, Gérard Marsan, and grandfather, Antoine, were pharmacists. The pharmacy was established on the Rue Grimaldi in 1908. Shortly after, it was relocated to Place d'Armes in La Condamine, Monaco. Meanwhile, one of his grandfathers was a neighbourhood mayor who helped write the Constitution of Monaco in 1911 in the wake of the Monegasque Revolution.
Marsan was asked to run for city council by the former mayor, Anne-Marie Campora in 1991, and he was elected. He has served as the Mayor of Monaco since 2003. He has been elected four times. He was the only candidate in 2011. He won by 75% in 2015.
- "Georges MARSAN". Ville de Monaco. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Truquet, Axelle (January 30, 2015). "Georges Marsan: "Être maire, c'est proposer des remèdes"". Nice Matin. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Bidalon, Philippe; Bianchini, Roger-Louis; Cochard, Aline; Dannery, Laetizia; Debril, Laurence; Delpont, Léa; Schwarz, Jennifer; Sommelet, Pauline (December 11, 2003). "Vie publique". L'Express. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Le Conseil de l'Ordre des Pharmaciens de Monaco – Bureau". Ordre des Pharmaciens de Monaco. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Georges Marsan installé dans son fauteuil de maire de Monaco". Nice Matin. April 14, 2015. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Deviras, Joëlle (September 25, 2014). "Georges Marsan candidat pour un quatrième mandat à Monaco". Monaco Matin. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Election communale: Georges Marsan et son équipe l'emportent avec près de 75% des voix". Nice Matin. March 16, 2015. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
| Mayors of Monaco
|This Monegasque biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|