George John Montagu, 6th Earl of Sandwich (4 February 1773 – 21 May 1818) was the son of John Montagu, 5th Earl of Sandwich and Lady Mary Henrietta Powlett. He was styled Viscount Hinchingbrooke from 1790 until in 1814 when, his elder half-brother having died, he inherited the earldom from his father, together with the Hinchingbrooke estate in Huntingdonshire. He was educated at Eton College (1780-90) and Trinity College, Cambridge (1790-92).
He married in 1804 Lady Louisa Mary Ann Julia Harriet Lowry-Corry, daughter of Armar Lowry-Corry, 1st Earl Belmore and Lady Harriet Hobart. Together they had two daughters and one son, John William, who would succeed his father in the earldom:
- Lady Harriet Mary Montagu (14 May 1805 – 4 May 1857), married William Bingham Baring, 2nd Baron Ashburton
- Lady Catherine Caroline Montagu (7 October 1808 – 30 April 1834), married Count Alexandre Colonna-Walewski, an illegitimate son of Napoleon I and Marie, Countess Walewska
- John Montagu, 7th Earl of Sandwich (8 November 1811 – 3 March 1884), married firstly Lady Mary Paget; married secondly Lady Blanche Egerton.
He died in Rome in 1818.
- "MONTAGU, George John, Visct. Hinchingbrooke (1773-1818)". History of Parliament Online. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- thepeerage.com Accessed 30 May 2007