This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Gazipur (Bengali: গাজীপুর) is a city in central Bangladesh. It is located in the Gazipur District. It is a major industrial city located 25 km north of Dhaka. It is a hub for Garments Industry of Bangladesh. Its other name is Joydebpur.
|City Corporation||13 January 2013|
|• Body||Gazipur City Corporation|
|• City Mayor||Zahangir Alam|
|• Metro||329.23 km2 (127.12 sq mi)|
|Elevation||34 m (112 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (Bangladesh Time)|
|National Calling Code||+880|
Population of Gazipur Municipality by year:
In 2013, a new local government entity called the Gazipur City Corporation was formed by merging the municipalities of Gazipur and Tongi, together with large rural areas (i.e. Pubail union, Gaccha Union, Kayaltia Union, Kashimpur Union, Konabari Union and Bashan Union). The area of this newly created city corporation is 329.53 square kilometers. The population of the Gazipur City Corporation was approximately 4 million in 2020.
Gazipur consists of 9 wards including Uttar Chayabithi and 31 mahallas with an area of 62.2 km². The fast-growing town has a population more than 1 million and density more than 24,000 per km²; male 52.52%, female 47.48%.
- ওয়েলফশন মানবকল্যাণ সংঘ (EN- Welftion Human Welfare Association)
- Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Household and Population of Statistical Metropolitan Areas in Bangladesh
- Population and Housing Census 2011 - Volume 3: Urban Area Report (PDF), Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, August 2014, pp. ix, xii, 24–26, 167
- Ahmed, Md Farid Uddin (2012). "Gazipur Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A.; Masum, Kazi (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "ওয়েলফশন এর করোনা কর্মসূচি সমাপ্ত ও ঈদ উপহার সামগ্রী বিতরণ। - PBN24". pbn24.com. Retrieved 26 May 2020.