This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Greg Dalton, also known by the moniker Gary War, is an American musician whose recordings combine elements of psychedelia, garage rock, synth-pop, and shoegaze. He is a former member of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti and has released three albums, a split LP with Purple Pilgrims, two EPs and several singles. Currently,[when?] he is based in New Zealand.
|Birth name||Greg Dalton|
|Also known as||Phil Gone, Dalthom|
|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Labels||Spectrum Spools, Sacred Bones, Upset The Rhythm, Captured Tracks.|
|Associated acts||Dalthom, Human Teenager|
In July 2012, he released Jared's Lot on the Austrian Spectrum Spools label, and toured in support of it. He also collaborated with Taylor Richardson as Human Teenager, and released the album Animal Husbandry in the same year. Towards the end of that year, he moved to New Zealand.
In November 2013 War shared an album with the New Zealand duo Purple Pilgrims, contributing four songs to the release on Upset The Rhythm.
- New Raytheonport LP (2008, SHDWPLY Records)
- Horribles Parade LP (2009, Sacred Bones Records)
- Jared's Lot LP (2012, Spectrum Spools)
- Galactic Citizens 12" (2009, Captured Tracks)
- Police Water 12" (2010, Sacred Bones Records)
- Gary War/Purple Pilgrims Split LP (2013, Upset The Rhythm)
- "Anhedonic Man" 7" (2009, Hell, Yes!)
- "Zontag" 7" (2009, Sacred Bones Records)
- "Reality Protest" 7" (2009, Sacred Bones/Holidays Records)
- "Opens" Cassette (2009, Captured Tracks)
- Reynolds, Simon (2011). Retromania: Pop Culture's Addiction to Its Own Past. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. ISBN 978-1-4299-6858-4.
- Kay, Jean (August 13, 2012). "An interview with Gary War". atractivoquenobello. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Lester, Paul (2011-10-25). "New band of the day – No 1,134: Gary War". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Goldstein, Alex (2010-06-10). "Checking in with Gary War". freemusicarchive.org. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- Daily, Jeff (August 30, 2012). "Gary War talks Jared's Lot". www.imposemagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Sande, Kiran (April 10, 2012). "Human Teenager: Gary War and Taylor Richardson on being broke and unknown with dignity intact". FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "SOLD OUT! Kim Gordon & Loren Connors / Gary War | ISSUE Project Room". issueprojectroom.org. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Louche, Liz (November 4, 2013). "Gary War and Purple Pilgrims take a break from headlining Space Arena shows to release split LP on Upset the Rhythm". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Phares, Heather (2012-07-23). "Jared's Lot - Gary War : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-09-21.