J. Gary Simrill (born May 29, 1966) is an American politician. He is a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives from the 46th District, serving since 1992. On December 6, 2016, he was elected by the South Carolina House Republican Majority to serve a two-year term as the South Carolina House Majority Leader.[circular reference] He is a member of the Republican party.
|Majority Leader of the South Carolina House of Representatives|
|Assumed office |
December 6, 2016
|Preceded by||Bruce W. Bannister|
|Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives|
from the 46th district
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Wes Hayes|
|Born||May 29, 1966|
Rock Hill, South Carolina, U.S.
|Education||Winthrop University (BA)|
Simrill was the primary sponsor of the Infrastructure and Economic Development Act that went into effect on July 1, 2017.
Behavioral Health Services Association of South Carolina - 2013 Legislator of the Year
South Carolina Advocates for Agriculture- 2013 Advocate of the Year
South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation- 2013 Legislator of the Year
Clemson University Board of Visitors - 2016 Legislative Leadership Award
South Carolina Association for Community Economic Development- 2016 Legislator of the Year
South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association- 2017 Legislator of the Year
South Carolina Chamber of Commerce- 2017 Public Servant of the Year
Maritime Association of South Carolina - 2018 Legislator of the Year
South Carolina BIPEC- The Sword & Mace Award
Keystone Substance Abuse Services - Special Legislative Award
South Carolina State Firefighters Association - Society of the Maltese Cross
- "South Carolina House of Representatives - Wikipedia". en.m.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Gary Simrill". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 25, 2015.
- "Behavioral Health Services of South Carolina". www.behavioralhealthofsc.org. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "South Carolina Advocates for Agriculture". scadvocates4ag. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "South Carolina Farm Bureau | Farm & Food Advocacy, Leadership & Service". www.scfb.org. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "SCACED". SCACED. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association | Columbia, SC". South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association | Columbia, SC. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "Homepage". South Carolina Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "SCBIPEC". www.scbipec.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "American Legion", Wikipedia, 2019-07-08, retrieved 2019-07-10
- "Winthrop University", Wikipedia, 2019-06-26, retrieved 2019-07-10
|South Carolina House of Representatives|
Bruce W. Bannister
| Majority Leader of the South Carolina House of Representatives
|This article about a South Carolina politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|