The 1981 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Leinster, who defeated Ulster in the final, played at Russell Park.
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Leinster (15th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
Leinster narrowly defeated Munster 3–9 to 2–11 in the semi-final at Russell Park and then beat Ulster in the final at the same venue by 3–10 to 2–4. Connacht defeated Ulster 5–1 to 3–2 in the trophy semi-final at Eglish in the semi-final and then defeated Munster by 2–3 to 2–2 at Russell Park.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Irish Press, 2 November 1981
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 2 November 1981
- Report of final in Irish Times, 2 November 1981
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 2 November 1981
- Report of final in Irish News, 2 November 1981