This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private. Joint venture|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Revenue||US$50.26 billion (2014)|
|Revised Romanization||GS Kaltaekseu|
|Revised Romanization||Honam Jeongyu|
GS Caltex was founded in May 1967 as the first private oil company in Korea. GS Caltex provides more than one-third of Korea's oil needs and exports over 50% of its products.
- Refining Facilities : GS Caltex has crude oil refining facilities with a capacity of 775,000 barrels per day (123,200 m3/d).
- Kero-Diesel Hydrodesulfurization Facilities : GS Caltex desulfurizes 272,000 barrels (43,200 m3) of kerosene and diesel each day.
- Petroleum : GS Caltex has a daily production capacity of 775,000 barrels (123,200 m3) per stream day and more than 50% of total output is exported.
- Petrochemicals : GS Caltex constructed a polypropylene plant in 1988. That was followed by expansion into the aromatics business in 1990. Currently, GS Caltex manufactures basic petrochemicals.
- Base Oil & Lubricants : In November 2007, GS Caltex began base oil production with a capacity of 16,000 barrels (2,500 m3) per stream day. As of 2011, its production capacity reached 26,000 barrels (4,100 m3) per stream day; GS Caltex exports more than 70% of its total base oil production. GS Caltex produces 9,000 barrels (1,400 m3) of lubricants per day and 8,000 million tonne per year of grease products.