Gō Katō (加藤剛, Katō Gō, 4 February 1938 – 18 June 2018) was a Japanese entertainer and actor.
|Born||February 4, 1938|
|Died||June 18, 2018(aged 80)|
Kato is known as a star actor in Ōoka Echizen (1970~2006).
The son of an elementary school principal, Go Kato studied literature and theatre. As an actor, he made his film debut in 1964. Kato rose in popularity through his role as Toshiro Mifune's partner in Samurai Rebellion. Kato has performed some of his most famous roles in films directed by Kei Kumai, such as those in The Long Darkness (1972), Cape of North (1976) and Death of a Tea Master (1989).
He died on 18 June 2018.
- The Scent of Incense (1964) - Ezaki
- Sword of the Beast (1965) - Jurata Yamane
- Samurai Rebellion (1967) - Yogoro Sasahara
- Shinobu Kawa (1972) - Tetsuro
- Long Journey into Love (1973) - Yōzō
- Castle of Sand (1974) - Eiryo Waga
- Cape of North (1976) - Mitsuo
- Bandits vs. Samurai Squadron (1978) - Okubo Sadonokami
- Big Joys, Small Sorrows (1986) - Yoshiaki Fujita
- Death of a Tea Master (1989) - Oribe Furuta
- Bloom in the Moonlight (1993) - Yoshihiro Taki
- Anne no Nikki (1995) - Otto Frank
- The Unbroken (2009) - the Prime Minister Yasushi Tonegawa
- The Great Passage (2013) - Tomosuke Matsumoto
- Color Me True (2018) - old Kenji (his final role)
- Ōoka Echizen (1970-1999, TBS) - Ōoka Tadasuke
- Kaze to Kumo to Niji to (1976, NHK) - Taira no Masakado
- Sekigahara (1981, TBS) - Ishida Mitsunari
- Sosa Kenji Ukon Makoto no Satsujin Chosho (June 10, 2000, TV Asahi) - Makoto Ukon
- Sosa Kenji Ukon Makoto no Satsujin Chosho 2 (December 9, 2000, TV Asahi) - Makoto Ukon
- Sosa Kenji Ukon Makoto no Satsujin Chosho 3 (2005) - Makoto Ukon
- Saka no Ue no Kumo (2009-2011, NHK) - Itō Hirobumi
- Yuriko-san no Ehon (2016, NHK) - Nobutsuna Sasaki
- Ōoka Echizen (2016, NHK) - Kazama Gorōzaemon
- Thomas, Kevin (July 18, 1986). "MOVIE REVIEWS A PAEAN TO OLD-FASHIONED FAMILY LIFE". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "加藤剛さん死去 ８０歳 時代劇「大岡越前」、映画「砂の器」など出演 -". スポニチ Sponichi Annex (in Japanese). Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Profile at Haiyuza (in Japanese)