Death of a Tea Master (Japanese: 千利休 本覺坊遺文, Sen no Rikyu: Honkakubô ibun also known as Sen no Rikyū: Honkakubo's Student Writings) is a 1989 Japanese biographical drama film directed by Kei Kumai. It is based on real life events of Sen no Rikyū, particularly the events surrounding his ritual suicide. It was entered into the main competition at the 46th Venice International Film Festival, in which it won the Silver Lion.
|Death of a Tea Master|
|Directed by||Kei Kumai|
|Screenplay by||Yoshikata Yoda|
|Edited by||Osamu Inoue|
|Music by||Teizo Matsumura|
- Eiji Okuda as Honkakubo
- Toshiro Mifune as Sen no Rikyū
- Kinnosuke Yorozuya as Oda Urakusai
- Go Kato as Furuta Oribe
- Shinsuke Ashida as Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- ^ "映画監督の熊井啓氏が死去". Fuji Sankei Shinbun. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- ^ Enrico Lancia (1998). I premi del cinema. Gremese Editore, 1998. ISBN 8877422211.
- ^ "デジタル大辞泉プラス「千利休 本覺坊遺文」の解説". kotobank. Retrieved 22 November 2021.