Fremont Township, Lake County, Illinois
Location in Lake County
Lake County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Peter Tekampe|
|• Total||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4.4 km2)|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Fremont Township covers an area of 35.8 square miles (92.8 km2); of this, 1.7 square miles (4.4 km2) or 4.69 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Countryside Lake, Davis Lake, Diamond Lake, Lake Fairfield and Schreiber Lake.
- Grayslake (partial)(north quarter)
- Hawthorn Woods
- Libertyville (east edge)
- Long Grove (southeast edge)
- North Barrington (southwest edge)
- Round Lake Park
- Wauconda (partial)
- Avon Township (north)
- Warren Township (northeast)
- Libertyville Township (east)
- Vernon Township (southeast)
- Ela Township (south)
- Cuba Township (southwest)
- Wauconda Township (west)
- Grant Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Ivanhoe, Saint Marys Catholic, Transfiguration Catholic, Union and United States Naval.
- U.S. Route 12
- U.S. Route 45
- Illinois State Route 60
- Illinois State Route 83
- Illinois State Route 137
- Illinois State Route 176
Airports and landing stripsEdit
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fremont township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Callary, Edward. 2009. Place Names of Illinois. Champaign: University of Illinois Press, p. 129.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.