Avon Township, Lake County, Illinois
Location in Lake County
Lake County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||23.8 sq mi (61.7 km2)|
|• Land||22.5 sq mi (58.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|Elevation||784 ft (239 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Avon Township covers an area of 23.8 square miles (61.7 km2); of this, 1.4 square miles (3.5 km2) or 5.71 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Cranberry Lake, Druce Lake, Grays Lake, Highland Lake and Third Lake.
- Supervisor - Terry Wilke
- Clerk - Jeanne Kearby
- Assessor - Chris Ditton
- Highway Commissioner- Bob Kula
- Trustees- Michele Bauman, Paul Law, Pat Duby, Steven Ray Vaughn
Cities and townsEdit
- Grayslake (west three-quarters)
- Long Lake (east quarter)
- Round Lake (east three-quarters)
- Round Lake Beach (southeast three-quarters)
- Round Lake Heights (southeast half)
- Round Lake Park
- Third Lake
- Lake Villa Township (north)
- Warren Township (east)
- Libertyville Township (southeast)
- Fremont Township (south)
- Wauconda Township (southwest)
- Grant Township (west)
The township contains one cemetery: Fort Hill.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Avon township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.