Freinsheim station is a station in Freinsheim in the German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. It is at the junction of the Palatinate Northern Railway and the Freinsheim–Frankenthal railway. The station is one of the most important railway junction in the Palatinate. It is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 4 station.
|Opened||20 July 1860|
The station was opened on 20 July 1860 as part of the Bad Durkheim–Grünstadt section on the Palatine Northern Railway. On 15 October 1877, the station was upgraded with the opening of the line to Frankenthal.
The station has three platforms tracks and two platforms. One platform is used by trains towards Neustadt or Grünstadt on the Palatinate Northern Railway, while the other platform is used by trains coming from Frankenthal or Grünstadt running on the Freinsheim–Frankenthal line. The station building, which was built as a single block, is no longer used.
The station is located on the western outskirts of Freinsheim. To the south of the station is the junction of the Freinsheim–Frankenthal line with the Palatine Northern Railway. The station has an important function as a node in the Palatinate due to its central location in the Frankenthal-Grünstadt-Bad Dürkheim triangle.
The station building, a three-story stucco building with a sandstone portico and a wooden roof, was built in 1872/73 and is a listed building.
Freinsheim station is served exclusively by local services. The two lines are operated mainly by class 628 electric multiple units. Services run between Neustadt and Freinsheim every half hour on week days. Once an hour these continue to Grünstadt. Trains from Frankenthal end in Ramsen on weekdays; they only continue to Eiswoog on Sundays and public holidays.
|Frankenthal – Freinsheim – Grünstadt – Ramsen ( – Eiswoog)||Hourly|
|Neustadt (Weinstr) Hbf – Bad Dürkheim – Freinsheim ( – Grünstadt)||Every half hour|
|Preceding station||DBAG||Following station|
|RB 45 |
toward Frankenthal Hbf
|RB 46 |
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- "Stationspreisliste 2020" [Station price list 2020] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- Holzborn, Klaus D. (1993). Eisenbahn-Reviere Pfalz (Palatinate railway district) (in German). Berlin: transpress. p. 34. ISBN 3-344-70790-6.
- Fritz Paetz (1985). Datensammlung zur Geschichte der Eisenbahnen an Main, Rhein und Neckar (in German). Bensheim-Auerbach. p. 23.
- Generaldirektion Kulturelles Erbe Rheinland-Pfalz, ed. (2009). "Nachrichtliches Verzeichnis der Kulturdenkmäler Kreis Bad Dürkheim" (PDF; 1.6 MB) (in German). Koblenz. Retrieved 9 May 2013.