Foxit Reader is a multilingual freemium PDF tool that can create, view, edit, digitally sign, and print PDF files. Foxit Reader is developed by Fremont, California-based Foxit Software. Early versions of Foxit Reader were notable for startup performance and small file size. Foxit v3.0 was found to be comparable to Adobe Reader. The Windows version allows annotating and saving unfinished PDF forms, FDF import/export, converting to text, highlighting and drawing.
Foxit Reader on Windows 8.1
|Developer(s)||Foxit Software, Inc.|
8.3.1 (July 4, 2017) [±]
|Available in||English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and 35 other languages|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
As of 2015[update] Foxit Reader was available for Windows Vista and later, Apple iOS, Windows RT, Android and Windows Phone. Earlier Foxit versions support earlier operating systems (Windows 9x and later, Windows Mobile). Foxit Reader 4.1.1 can be installed on unsupported versions of Windows such as Windows 98SE, by installing KernelEX 4.5 first.  Version history with release notes is available from Foxit, although not including release dates. However, other sites do provide release dates, some with more detail on changes. 
With version 6.1.4, the Foxit installer was bundled with potentially unwanted programs like OpenCandy which installed the browser-hijacking malware Conduit. Following complaints from users, it was removed after version 6.2.1.
In July 2014, the Internet Storm Center reported that the mobile version for iPhone was transmitting unencrypted telemetry and other data to remote servers located in China despite users attempting to opt out of such data collection.
- "Foxit Reader Version History". Foxit Software. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Security updates available in Foxit Reader 8.3.1 and Foxit PhantomPDF 8.3.1". Foxit Software. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Popa, Bogdan (1 December 2014). "Foxit Reader". Softpedia. SoftNews.
- "Foxit Software Foxit Reader 3.0". PC World. Retrieved 2015-07-24.
- "PC World, Foxit (PDF) Reader review". Pcworld.com. Archived from the original on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Foxit Software - Downloads (Latest Version)". Foxitsoftware.com. 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Download Foxit Reader (Windows Mobile)". Retrieved 5 December 2015.Web site offering Foxit for Windows CE from 2008
- "Google Groups".
- "Version History". Foxit Corporation. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Foxit Reader Changelog". Softpedia. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Old Version of Foxit Reader (also includes current version)". OldApps. 2013-12-26. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Foxit Reader upgrade warning". Wilders Security Forums.
- "Foxit Reader installs malware!". How-To Geek.
- "Does Foxit Reader free 6.1.4.0217 have malware? - Foxit Corporation Forums". forums.foxitsoftware.com.
- Wesemann, Daniel (22 July 2014). "App "telemetry"". InfoSec Handlers Diary. SANS Institute.