Fordham Graduate School of Social Service
The Fordham Graduate School of Social Service (GSS) is a United States graduate school within Fordham University, in New York City. Established in 1916, it provides instruction at three campuses in the New York City area and also offers an MSW Hybrid at Molloy College in Long Island and a fully Online MSW nationally. The school was ranked 11th in the nation by US News & World Report in 2018.
|Motto||Sapientia et Doctrina|
(Wisdom and Learning)
|Type||Private, Catholic, Jesuit|
|President||Joseph M. McShane, S.J.|
|Campus||Lincoln Center (Manhattan):|
Urban, 8 acres (32,000 m2)
Westchester (West Harrison):
Suburban, 35 acres and Hybrid & Blended, Online
|Colors||Maroon and White|
The Graduate School of Social Work maintains a number of specialized centers and institutes, including:
- The Bertram Beck Institute on Religion and Poverty
- Ravazzin Center on Aging
- Institute for Women and Girls
- Children FIRST
- The Interdisciplinary Center for Family and Child Advocacy
- The James R. Dumpson Chair in Child Welfare Studies
Fordham's Graduate School of Social Service offers an online Master's of Social Work that enables you to build on the coursework you have already completed and earn your advanced MSW degree in as few as eight months full time or 16 months part time.
Online Master of Social Work ProgramEdit
The Graduate School of Social Service offers an online program with multiple plans of study so a student can choose the one that best fits their educational and professional background. Advanced Standing students can finish their degree in eight months full-time or 16 months part-time. Traditional Standing students without an approved BSW will complete 66 credits of generalist and advanced direct practice coursework that can be completed in as few as 16 months. Students can take coursework across 4 areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.
- US World & News Report. "Graduate School Rankings: Social Work." Accessed 17 August 2009.
- "Earn a CSWE-Accredited Top-25 Online MSW | OnlineMSW@Fordham". Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "Earn a CSWE-Accredited Top-25 Online MSW | OnlineMSW@Fordham". Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Top 25 Online MSW Programs: Programs 11-25 - Social Work Degree Guide". Social Work Degree Guide. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Advanced Standing Course Sequences". Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "OnlineMSW@Fordham | Social Work License Map". Retrieved 30 November 2018.
|This article about a university or college in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|