Florin Chilian (born 14 December 1968) is a Romanian musician.
Florin Chilian in concert (2010)
|Born||14 December 1968|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, vocalist|
|Years active||1986 – present|
|Labels||Soft Records, Roton, Luna PR & Events|
In 1985, as he was part on the audience in a concert performed by Valeriu Sterian and his sound company, he discovers "Shambala", a song performed by Doru Stănculescu. And this song will change his life. He decides to give up cycling and starts playing the guitar.
In 1985, after giving up sports, in order to make a living, he becomes technician working for Valeriu Sterian's band.
In 2001, he released his first album, Iubi - Interface to Reality. The album was initially refused by all the Romanian record labels. Eventually he manages to put it on the market at Soft Records. Romulus Arhire was the one who helped him put the album on the market at Soft Records. In 2002, Florin Chilian has his first concert as a professional artist. But the album is still not broadcast on radio or TV. It contains two hits: "Iubi" and "Chiar dacă".
In 2004 he signed a contract with Roton record label and in September of the same year he released his second album Ten Commandments, Report of the State of the Nation, 1989-2004. The First Step, which contains the hit "Zece". The album is based on the musical interpretation of the 10 Bible Commandments. Radio and TV stations still refuse to play "Zece".
His song "Zece" was widely broadcast on radio and TV, and on YouTube it was the first Romanian song to reach the first million views and later over 10 million views. The artist was awarded with Gold record and Platinum record for sales by Roton record label.
In 2017, he released the album Pre@Clasic at the Luna PR & Events record label. Pre@Clasic is a reinterpretation of classical music, the album is conceived and written entirely for string quartet - chamber music and voice. Through this album, he invented a new musical genre combining pop with pre-classic music.
For all his musical works he is composer, lyricist and performer.
During his career, Florin Chilian received the following awards:
- First place at the Music Festival Om Bun
- Album Iubi - Interface to Reality awarded with Gold record, Platinum record by Roton
- Album The Autist, Do not Go Down on Brâncuşi! awarded with Gold record, Platinum record by Roton
- Album Ten Commandments, Report of the State of the Nation, 1989-2004. The First Step awarded with Gold record, Platinum record by Roton
- Awarded at "Romanian Music Awards Best Male" 2008 Florin Chilian with the song "Chiar dacă" from the album Iubi - Interface to Reality by Music Channel Romania
- Awarded "2017 year's album" for "Pre@Clasic" by Radio România Actualităţi
Main musical creationsEdit
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Zece (English translation Ten)
- Chiar dacă
- Imnul de stat
- 2001 - Iubi - Interface to Reality
- 2004 - Ten Commandments, Report of the State of the Nation, 1989-2004. The First Step
- 2010 - The Autist, Do not Go Down on Brâncuşi!
- 2017 - Pre@Clasic
- 2019 - PlânSuRâsul
- Cu un pas înainte (2007) ProTV.
- A young boy and a guitar
- Florin Chilian and his childhood (in Romanian) 
- Florin Chilian – Iubi, Interfață La Realitate on Discogs
- După un an de la lansarea pe piaţă cu Soft Records(in Romanian) 
- Zece is the first Romanian video that reached one million and ten million views on YouTube.(in Romanian) 
- Florin Chilian will be awarded with Platinum record for the song Zece (in Romanian) 
- Florin Chilian awarded with Gold record for Iubi (in Romanian) 
- Florin Chilian will be awarded with Gold record and Platinum record for the album Autistul (in Romanian) 
- A new musical style: pop hits, ballads, tango on pre-Classical music. Chamber music in the concert Pre@Clasic (in Romanian) 
- Best Male 2008 Florin Chilian with the song "Chiar dacă" (in Romanian) 
- Album of the year 2017 for Pre@Clasic (in Romanian) 
- Cu un pas înainte (2007) ProTV