Flare (Techno-Cultural Fest)
Flare, is the annual socio-cultural festival of the Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University. It is a 4 days festival, a time when PDPU comes alive with life, music and dance and most importantly with a hundred memories that are created here. The university exhibits picturesque execution and the fest, very much, holds events with a marvelous blend of fun and frolic, devotion, dedication and lots of happiness.
It is held in April every year. It was started in 2010 and since then has a footfall of over 9,000 students from various colleges of India.
In its very first year performances by Pakistan band Jal and several other bands like Antariksh based on popular band Pink Floyd could be seen. In its second year, Flare hosted performances by Agnee, Highway 61, and Jaipur Beats along with DJ Suketu.
- Ablaze- National Level Group Dance Competition
- AtMoshSphere- Battle Of Bands
- Amethyst- National Level Model Hunt
- Melodia- Music Competition
- Emotions- Dramatics Competition
- Zest- Solo and Duet Dance Competition
- Kavyanjali- Poetry Competition
- Literature Events
- Cooking Events
- Fine Arts Events
- Flea Market
- Guest Lectures
- Special Performances
- "Flare 2017 – The Annual Socio-Cultural Fest of PDPU". www.flarepdpu.org. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "PDPU fest concludes - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "Robots have fun at PDPU fest in Ahmedabad - Academy - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2010-03-21. Retrieved 2011-12-22.