Fix & Foxi is an international children's entertainment brand founded by the German company Your Family Entertainment. Themed around Rolf Kauka's Fix and Foxi characters, the name is used to operate television channels in multiple languages around the world.
|Broadcast area||Germany |
Central and Eastern Europe
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 576i/480i for the SDTV feed)
|Owner||Your Family Entertainment|
|Launched||December 1, 2014 (German)|
The Fix & Foxi television channels broadcast children's content, both animated and live-action, from the Your Family Entertainment catalog. There are three distinct feeds: a German feed broadcasting in German and Bulgarian which transmits to German-speaking countries as well as Bulgaria; an Arabian feed broadcasting in Arabic and English which transmits to the Middle East; and a third English language-only feed which has been known to broadcast in Africa and Asia-Pacific. All shows are typically dubbed into the target language of the network, save for Bulgarian which utilizes voice-over translation to transmit the programs in the language.
Much of the programming on the channels is shared with their sister network RiC, known as RiK in Slovakia. RiC has a German feed, a Slovak feed, and an international feed in English.
In May 2014, German children's media company Your Family Entertainment acquired the rights to the works created by Rolf Kauka. The following October, the company announced that it would launch a German language children's entertainment channel called Fix & Foxi on December 1, 2014 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Hosted by the namesakes, the 24-hour linear channel would air content from its own library as well as acquisitions produced by third party distributors.
On June 16, 2020, Your Family Entertainment and Blue Ant Media made a "content swap" agreement which enabled an exchange of programming between the YFE catalog and the international ZooMoo channels to occur. As a result, Fix & Foxi channels worldwide began broadcasting ZooMoo content. So far, the ZooMoo programs have only aired on the Arabian and African/Asian feeds; none of the programming has aired in German yet.
In January 2015, it was announced that an English and Spanish feed of the channel would launch in the United States and Latin America through a partnership with Alterna’TV. The channel launched on 30 Spanish operators on April 3, 2015. Olympusat added both feeds to its Vemox over-the-top service in the United States in March 2018.
Africa and the Middle East
In June 2015, Your Family Entertainment announced plans to launch Fix & Foxi in Africa and the Middle East in English and Arabic, with a French language feed in the works. The channel would re-brand the company's existing yourfamily channel in the market. It first launched in Nigeria on Consat on June 1, 2015. As of 2021, a French-language feed still does not exist and it is possible that the plan to launch such a feed was scrapped.
An English version specific to Sub-Saharan Africa named My TV Toonz debuted on satellite television operator My TV on September 1, 2015. Similarly, a French version specific to the region called Ma Télé Toonz was launched the following month on sister operator Ma Télé. Citing "harsh market realities", both channels were shut down on February 6, 2017.
- Franks, Nico (May 21, 2014). "YFE picks up German comic rights". C21 Media. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (October 22, 2014). "YFE to launch Fix&Foxi family channel". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- "DGAP-Media: Your Family Entertainment AG: Fix&Foxi on demand launches on Amazon!" (Press release). Munich: Your Family Entertainment. May 23, 2017. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- "YFE, Blue Ant agree content swap deal".
- Dickson, Jeremy (January 21, 2015). "Alterna'TV bringing Fix & Foxi channel to US, Lat Am". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- "Pre-MIPTV interview series: Paul Robinson, YFE". Digital TV Europe. Informa. April 10, 2015. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (March 22, 2018). "Fix&Foxi launches on Vemox in the US". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (June 2, 2015). "Fix&Foxi launches in Africa and Middle East". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (September 1, 2015). "Germany's YFE launches My TV Toonz in Africa". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (October 1, 2015). "Fix&Foxi Channel to launch on Ma Télé in Africa". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- "My TV Toonz". My TV Africa. Retrieved April 18, 2019."Due to harsh market realities, My TV TOONZ and Ma TELE TOONZ will cease broadcast on Monday, February 6. For more info, please contact (0806 or 0808) 69 88 644 or visit www.stronghd.tv"
- Krieger, Jörn (December 16, 2015). "Germany's Fix&Foxi expands in Middle East". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (November 28, 2017). "Fix&Foxi channel to launch in South Africa". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Krieger, Jörn (October 16, 2017). "Fix&Foxi expands to CEE with Telekom Austria Group". Broadband TV News. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- "DGAP-Media: Your Family Entertainment AG: International expansion 'Fix&Foxi' going further: Gibtelecom adds 'Fix&Foxi' channel to its new digital entertainment service 'Sofi'" (Press release). Munich: Your Family Entertainment. June 27, 2018. Retrieved April 18, 2019.
- Official website (in German)