Firewall: Zero Hour
Firewall Zero Hour is a virtual reality first-person shooter game developed by First Contact Entertainment and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released for the PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation VR on August 28, 2018.
|Firewall Zero Hour|
|Developer(s)||First Contact Entertainment|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Release||August 28, 2018|
Firewall Zero Hour is an online virtual reality tactical action shooter where players called contractors take on contracts issued from agents who are known as mother and father. Each contractor has a different passive skill for use on the field which can help support the player fend off the enemy team from completing their objective. There are 12 contractors players can choose from all with a set primary skill and a secondary skill you can edit. Weapon loadouts are also customizable where players can pick a primary weapon, secondary weapon, one lethal equipment and one nonlethal equipment. Taking on contracts players will receive experience for certain actions they complete, as well as earning in-game currency known as "Crypto" where both can be found scattered around the map or completing the contract.
Players can practice their tactics against AI enemies that scale with rank either solo, or in a 4-player squad which either can be private or public matchmaking.
In this mode players are against other players formed into two teams of four in which the attacking team will have two objectives to complete in order to fulfill their contract. Attacking team "Mother" would have to first break a firewall in a location hidden from their wristband until a team member comes in contact with one then secondly hack a laptop in order to fulfill their contract earning experience points and crypto. Defending team "Father" can either move to the firewalls and defend or defend their main objective laptop.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2018)
|2018||Golden Joystick Awards||Best Co-operative Game||Nominated|||
|Best VR Game||Nominated|
|The Game Awards 2018||Best VR/AR Game||Nominated|||
|2019||New York Game Awards||Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best Virtual Reality Game||Nominated|||
|National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards||Control Design, VR||Nominated|||
|Direction in Virtual Reality||Nominated|
|Sound Mixing in Virtual Reality||Nominated|
- Jagneaux, David (August 29, 2018). "Firewall Zero Hour Review: The VR Shooter We've Been Waiting For". UploadVR.
- Tuffclub (August 29, 2018). "PSVR Shooter Firewall Zero Hour Is Out Now And Is Probably Very Good". TheSixthAxis.
- Lang, Ben (August 29, 2018). "Firewall Zero Hour Review: Tactical Multiplayer Action Comes to PSVR". Road to VR.
- Hoggins, Tom (September 24, 2018). "Golden Joysticks 2018 nominees announced, voting open now". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Sheridan, Connor (November 16, 2018). "Golden Joystick Awards 2018 winners: God of War wins big but Fortnite gets Victory Royale". GamesRadar+. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- McWhertor, Michael (November 13, 2018). "The Game Awards 2018 nominees led by God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2". Polygon. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Grant, Christopher (December 6, 2018). "The Game Awards 2018: Here are all the winners". Polygon. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- Keyes, Rob (January 3, 2019). "2018 New York Game Awards Nominees Revealed". Screen Rant. Retrieved January 6, 2019.
- Meitzler, Ryan (January 23, 2019). "The New York Game Awards Reveals 2019 Winners; God of War Earns the Top Prize". DualShockers. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "Nominee List for 2018". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. February 11, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "Winner list for 2018: God of War breaks record". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. March 13, 2019. Retrieved March 14, 2019.