UploadVR is a virtual reality media company based in San Francisco, California. The company is best known for its virtual reality-driven events,  digital publication uploadvr.com, and the Upload Collective, a VR focused co-working space in San Francisco. The organization focuses on helping to grow the global virtual reality and augmented reality industry. In 2015 UploadVR received a $1.25m investment from Shanda Group.
|Industry||Virtual reality and augmented reality|
UploadVR was founded in 2014 by Taylor Freeman, William Mason, and Nick Ochoa, however Ochoa left the company in September 2014 prior to the company's seed funding round in December 2014. The organization formed out of a meetup group in San Francisco. The first event had 60 people and six demos ranging from DK1s to early NASA hardware. Over the following six months UploadVR produced over 20 events ranging from small events to AWE, a 3,000 person, 3-day conference they co-produced with augmentedreality.org in June 2015. The company currently organizes events, covers the industry and runs the Upload Collective.
UploadVR investors include Joe Kraus, David Freeman, Larry Braitman, VRI, and Shanda Group. The company is currently undergoing a lawsuit for "rampant" sexual behavior and wrongful termination of women in the workplace.
In May 2017 it was revealed that the company was part of a Sexual Harassment lawsuit. The suit alleges that employees would talk frankly about sexual topics while on the job and that they deployed a room dubbed the "Kink Room" where employees would have sexual intercourse.
- "UploadVR Announces The Creation of Upload Collective". VR Focus.
- "UploadVR Announces The Upload Collective". VR Startups.
- "UploadVR Showcase World’s Largest Event in Augmented Reality". Market Wired.
- "Superpowers People Awe UploadVR Partner". Finance Yahoo.
- "UploadVR Focused Incubator and Co-Working Space in San Francisco Launch in 2016". Virtual Reality Reporter.
- "UploadVR". Iterate.
- "UploadVR Announces Incubator in San Francisco". Video Technology News.
- "Will Mason On Accelerating the Growth of the VR Industry with UploadVR Coverage Consumer Facing Events". Voices Of VR.
- "UploadVR Companies". Virtual Reality Reporter.
- Parisi, Tony (2015). Learning Virtual Reality: Developing Immersive Experiences and Applications for Desktop, Web, and Mobile. O'Reilly Media. p. 140. ISBN 978-1491922835.
- "The Future of VR a Night in VR with Boot VC UploaVR". GetshashVR.
- "UploadVR Raises For Virtual Reality News". Silicontap.
- "UploadVR Secures $1.25m Seed Funding Round". Xconomy.
- Farivar, Cyrus. "UploadVR set up “kink room” at the office, says ex-employee in lawsuit". Ars Technicha.