This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2022)
Firebirds: An Anthology of Original Fantasy and Science Fiction is a collection of short stories for young adults written by authors associated with Firebird Books, released on that imprint in 2003. It was followed by a sequel anthology, Firebirds Rising, in 2006, which was a World Fantasy Award Finalist. A third anthology, Firebirds Soaring, was published in Spring 2009.
- Introduction by Sharyn November
- "Cotillion" by Delia Sherman
- "The Baby in the Night Deposit Box" by Megan Whalen Turner
- "Beauty" by Sherwood Smith
- "Mariposa" by Nancy Springer
- "Max Mondrosch" by Lloyd Alexander
- "The Fall of Ys" by Meredith Ann Pierce
- "Medusa" by Michael Cadnum
- "The Black Fox" by Emma Bull (adaptation) and Charles Vess (illustration)
- "Byndley" by Patricia A. McKillip
- "The Lady of the Ice Garden" by Kara Dalkey
- "Hope Chest" by Garth Nix
- "Chasing the Wind" by Elizabeth E. Wein
- "Little Dot" by Diana Wynne Jones
- "Remember Me" by Nancy Farmer
- "Flotsam" by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
- "The Flying Woman" by Laurel Winter
- ALA Best Book for Young Adults, Locus's Recommended Reading List, and New York Public Library Best Book for Teen Age. See "Penguin book listing". Retrieved 2006-10-27.
- Spisak, April (2006). "Firebirds Rising: An Anthology of Original Science Fiction and Fantasy (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 59 (9): 417–417. doi:10.1353/bcc.2006.0353. ISSN 1558-6766.
- Spisak, April (2009). "Firebirds Soaring: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 62 (5): 212–212. doi:10.1353/bcc.0.0621. ISSN 1558-6766.