Education and careerEdit
Cakoni earned bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Tirana in 1987 and 1990 respectively. She completed her Ph.D. in 1996, jointly between the University of Tirana and University of Patras, supervised by George Dassios. Her dissertation was Some Results on the Abstract Wave Equation. Problems of the Scattering Theory in Elasticity and Thermoelasticity in Low-Frequency.
She became a lecturer at the University of Tirana and then, from 1998 to 2000, a Humboldt Research Fellow at the University of Stuttgart. She came to the US for additional postdoctoral research at the University of Delaware in 2000, and stayed at Delaware as an assistant professor beginning in 2002. She moved to Rutgers University-New Brunswick in 2015 where she is now distinguished professor of mathematics. She serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM).
Cakoni is the author or coauthor of:
- Qualitative Methods in Inverse Scattering Theory (with David Colton, Springer, 2006)
- The Linear Sampling Method in Inverse Electromagnetic Scattering (with David Colton and Peter Monk, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2011)
- A Qualitative Approach to Inverse Scattering Theory (with David Colton, Springer, 2014)
- Inverse Scattering Theory and Transmission Eigenvalues (with David Colton and Houssem Haddar, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2016)
Cakoni was included in the 2019 class of fellows of the American Mathematical Society "for contributions to analysis of partial differential equations especially in inverse scattering theory". In 2021 Cakoni was elected foreign member of the Academy of Sciences of Albania.
- Curriculum vitae, retrieved 2018-11-07
- Fioralba Cakoni at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "ICERM - Trustee and Advisory Boards - Trustee & Advisory Boards". icerm.brown.edu. Retrieved 2021-07-11.
- Reviews of Qualitative Methods in Inverse Scattering Theory:
- Review of The Linear Sampling Method in Inverse Electromagnetic Scattering:
- Review of A Qualitative Approach to Inverse Scattering Theory:
- 2019 Class of the Fellows of the AMS, American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2018-11-07