This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
Financial Services Authority (Indonesian: Otoritas Jasa Keuangan; OJK) is an Indonesian government agency which regulates and supervises the financial services sector. Its head office is in Jakarta.
|Otoritas Jasa Keuangan|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Indonesia|
The OJK is an autonomous agency designed to be free from any interference, having functions, duties, and powers to regulate, supervise, inspect, and investigate. The agency was established in 2011 to replace the role of Bapepam-LK in regulating and supervising the capital market and financial institutions, as well as that of Bank Indonesia in regulating and supervising banks, and to protect consumers of financial services industry.
The agency was created in 2011 under the Act No. 21 of 2011 which organised system of regulation and supervision of financial services. It replaced the functions of the Capital Market and Financial Institutions Supervisory Agency (Badan Pengawas Pasar Modal dan Lembaga Keuangan) or Bapepam-LK in short.
The Financial Services Authority was formed so that the whole activities in the financial services sector:
- are working in ordered, fair, transparent, and accountable manners;
- are able to create a financial system which grows continuously and in a stable manner; and
- are able to protect the interests of consumers and the society.
The agency investigates financial crimes.
All member banks are registered and supervised by the organization, and are required to carry the statement indicating such in advertising.
- Bank Mandiri
- Bank Central Asia
- Bank Negara Indonesia
- Bank Bukopin
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia
- Bank Permata
- Bank Mega
- Bank Nobu
- Bank Danamon
- Bank OCBC NISP
- Bank CIMB Niaga
- Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional
- Bank Internasional Indonesia
- Bank Tabungan Negara
- "Anggota Dewan Komisioner OJK Periode 2022-2027". Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Home (English). Otoritas Jasa Keuangan. Retrieved on 28 March 2019. " Otoritas Jasa Keuangan, Gedung Soemitro Djojohadikusumo Jalan Lapangan Banteng Timur 2-4 Jakarta 10710 Indonesia"
- Arzia Tivany Wargadiredja (9 February 2018). "The Debt Cult That Wants to Save the World With a Mountain of Gold". Vice. Retrieved 28 March 2019.