This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Fiksu is a provider of mobile marketing technology that helps app and brand marketers reach their target audiences on mobile and CTV. The company's mobile-first platform targets users across an array of channels including social and video networks, real-time bidding (RTB) exchanges, traditional mobile ad networks, and mobile web. Device-level data collections are from the actions mobile app users take, including launches, registrations and purchases. Their accumulation of data now includes billions of app downloads, trillions of mobile marketing events, and profiles of nearly 60 percent of the world's mobile devices. Fiksu works with more than 1,000 clients, including Disney, Coca-Cola, Dunkin Donuts, EA, and Groupon.
|Industry||Advertising, Mobile, Connected TV|
Number of locations
|San Francisco, New York City, London|
Number of employees
Fiksu, which means "smart" in Finnish, was founded in 2008 by Micah Adler as Fluent Mobile, a news-aggregating mobile app. In early 2011, faced with mounting marketing costs, Fluent developed a set of algorithmic tools for lowering the cost of mobile app user acquisition. The company pivoted their focus to become a mobile marketing technology provider, using that core technology to help others market their apps and acquire loyal app users.
The Fiksu Indexes were introduced in July 2011 to provide insight into industry trends related to app downloads and the costs associated with acquiring new users. They include the App Store Competitive Index, which shows data about the top 200 free iPhone apps downloaded, and the Cost Per Loyal User Index, which shows how much it marketers are spending to generate each loyal app customer, as defined by the company as someone who opens the app three times. In March 2014, Fiksu introduced two new indexes that measure costs on both iOS and Android – the Cost per Install Index and the Cost per App Launch Index.
Fiksu launched FreeMyApps in December 2011. The solution was originally aimed at helping developers, and marketers of paid iOS apps drive mobile app downloads. The platform, which launched an Android version in December 2012, later shifted to a model that rewarded its users with gift cards for exploring and sharing free apps. FreeMyApps had 1.6 million monthly active users in June 2015.
- Maytom, Tim. "Fiksu Reveals Mobile Audience Awareness Offering". Mobile Marketing Magazine. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Grub, Jeff. "Mobile-advertising data company Fiksu introduces new products to help marketers". VentureBeat. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Davidson, Michael. "Fiksu Makes Move to Expand in Mobile Marketing". Xconomy. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Reidy, Chris. "Fiksu secures $10m in Series B financing". Boston Globe. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Walsh, Mark. "Mobile Platform Fiksu Raises $10M To Expand Globally". Media Post. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- MacGougan, Patrick. "Fiksu Benefits from Rise in Demand for Data-Driven Mobile Ad Campaigns". Go Mash Mobile. Archived from the original on 13 June 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Cohan, Peter. "3 Secrets for Growing From $1 Million to $100 Million in 3.5 Years". Inc. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Davidson, Michael. "Frustrations Turn Fiksu Into Potential Mobile Marketing Juggernaut". Xconomy. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Kutz, Erin. "Fiksu Looks to Help Brands Like Gilt, Barnes & Noble, Groupon Spend Less to Get More Mobile App Customers". Xconomy. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Takahashi, Dean. "Fiksu secures $10M in debt funding to expand its mobile ad tech business". VentureBeat. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Castellanos, Sarah. "Fiksu sees annual revenue exceed $100M as mobile technology usage surges". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Castellanos, Sarah. "Fiksu doubles size of Boston HQ, announces hiring spree". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Styles, Kirsty. "Fiksu Announces EU Expansion After Big Six Months". Mobile Marketing Magazine. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Fiksu focuses its European R&D activities in Helsinki". Good News Finland. Archived from the original on 13 June 2015. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Perez, Sarah. "Fiksu Launches New Tools for Tracking Industry-Wide App Downloads, User Acquisition Costs". ReadWrite. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Brown, Rodney H. "Fiksu flaunts mobile app marketing data". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Shaul, Brandy. "Fiksu's new indexes show converging iOS and Android app marketing costs in January". Social Times. Adweek. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Kim, Ryan. "Fiksu launches FreeMyApps to stimulate paid app downloads". Gigaom. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Gomer, Gregory. "Never Pay for Mobile Apps Again with Fiksu's FreeMyApps". Bostinno. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Spencer, Alex. "Fiksu Brings FreeMyApps to Android". Mobile Marketing. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Takahashi, Dean. "Fiksu upgrades FreeMyApps to reward users for actions, not just downloads (exclusive)". VentureBeat. Retrieved 11 June 2015.