Federico 'Fede' Vico Villegas (born 4 July 1994) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for CD Leganés. Mainly a left winger, he can also play as a left-back.
|Full name||Federico Vico Villegas|
|Date of birth||4 July 1994|
|Place of birth||Córdoba, Spain|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2014||→ Oostende (loan)||10||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Córdoba (loan)||20||(0)|
|2016||→ Albacete (loan)||13||(1)|
|2018–2019||→ Granada (loan)||39||(5)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 15:17, 7 March 2023 (UTC)|
Vico was born in Córdoba, Andalusia. Midway through the 2010–11 season, the 16-year-old started training with hometown Córdoba CF's first team, but he made his senior debut with the reserves. On 23 January 2011 he made his first appearance with the main squad, coming on as a substitute for Juanmi Callejón in a 1–1 home draw against Girona FC, for his only match of the Segunda División campaign.
On 3 March 2012, Vico scored in a 2–1 league win at neighbours Xerez CD, and became the youngest Córdoba player to score a goal for the club. Late in the following month, this time as a starter, he netted his second, at home against CD Guadalajara (3–2 victory).
On 13 June 2013, R.S.C. Anderlecht agreed a €1.6 million transfer fee with Córdoba, the highest ever received by the Spaniards, and Vico signed a five-contract with the Belgian side. On 31 January of the following year, he was loaned to fellow Pro League team K.V. Oostende, and scored on his debut in the competition on 15 February to help his team to a 1–1 draw at KV Mechelen.
On 1 September 2014, Vico returned to his former club Córdoba but in a season-long loan deal. He made his debut in the competition on the 21st, playing the last 15 minutes of the 1–3 home loss to Sevilla FC; additionally, he was converted into a left back by manager Miroslav Đukić.
Vico scored a backheel own goal in a 1–2 home defeat against Getafe CF, on 9 March 2015. His team were eventually relegated, as last.
On 1 February 2016, after no additional appearances for Anderlecht, Vico was loaned to Albacete Balompié in his country's second division. On 8 December, the free agent signed with fellow league club CD Lugo until June 2018.
Vico joined CD Leganés on 5 July 2018, on a two-year contract. Four days later, he was loaned to second tier side Granada CF for one year.
On 11 June 2019, after achieving promotion, Granada activated Vico's buyout clause and he signed a permanent two-year deal with the club. On 15 August 2021, he returned to Leganés after agreeing to a two-year contract.
- ^ a b c "Fede Vico". Diario AS. Retrieved 12 November 2022.
- ^ "Arteaga salva un punto para un Córdoba superior" [Arteaga rescues point for superior Córdoba]. Marca (in Spanish). 23 January 2011. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- ^ "El Córdoba vuelve a ganar fuera a costa de la racha del Xerez" [Córdoba return to away wins at the expense of Xerez's streak]. Marca (in Spanish). 3 March 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ^ Sánchez, Álvaro (27 April 2012). "El Córdoba presume de pegada ante el Guadalajara" [Córdoba steamroll Guadalajara]. Marca (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ^ "Fede Vico signed today!". Anderlecht Online. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ^ "Fede Vico primera adquisición del RSC Anderlecht" [Fede Vico first acquisition of RSC Anderlecht] (in Spanish). R.S.C. Anderlecht. 14 June 2013. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- ^ "Fede Vico schenkt Oostende gouden punt Achter De Kazerne" [Fede Vico offers Oostende golden point at Achter De Kazerne]. Voetbalkrant (in Dutch). 15 February 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- ^ "Fede Vico nueva incorporación del Córdoba C.F." [Fede Vico new addition of Córdoba C.F.] (in Spanish). Córdoba CF. 1 September 2014. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- ^ "Two-Bacca fires Sevilla to victory". ESPN FC. 21 September 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- ^ "Fede Vico: "La victoria fue vital"" [Fede Vico: "The victory was vital"] (in Spanish). Córdoba CF. 9 January 2015. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ "La desgracia se ceba con el Córdoba" [All out to get Córdoba]. Marca (in Spanish). 9 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ "Mercato: Julien de Sart quitte le Standard de Liège pour Middlesbrough" [Transfer window: Julien de Sart leaves Standard de Liège for Middlesbrough]. Le Soir (in French). 1 February 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- ^ "Fede Vico, nuevo jugador del CD Lugo" [Fede Vico, new CD Lugo player] (in Spanish). CD Lugo. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- ^ "CD Leganés sign Fede Vico for the next two seasons". CD Leganés. 5 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- ^ "Comunicado | El Granada CF incorpora a Fede Vico" [Announcement | Granada CF add Fede Vico] (in Spanish). Granada CF. 9 July 2018. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- ^ "Comunicado | El Granada CF ejerce la opción de compra por Fede Vico" [Announcement | Granada CF exercise Fede Vico's buyout clause] (in Spanish). Granada CF. 11 June 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- ^ "Fede Vico, talento ofensivo para el ataque pepinero" [Fede Vico, offensive talent for the pepinero attack] (in Spanish). CD Leganés. 15 August 2021. Retrieved 16 August 2021.